Underappreciated Vocalist

IKnowALittle

Best vocalist that noone ever talks about who gets no recognition.

and this version doesn't suck ... i know that rodney wrote the song.

Some gorgeous Irish Lasses, and a fabulous version that I identify with Gram Parsons, but think George Jones did several years before.

Last edited:
Totally agree with Raul Malo from the Mavericks, but Daryl Hall? That's kinda like calling Eric Clapton an underappreciated guitarist, isn't it?

With Hall, I think a lot of people dismiss him as a sugar pop singer. Certainly is more well known than Malo. Just two of my personal favorites that aren't usually on the lists of others.

Totally agree with Raul Malo from the Mavericks, but Daryl Hall? That's kinda like calling Eric Clapton an underappreciated guitarist, isn't it?

With Hall, I think a lot of people dismiss him as a sugar pop singer. Certainly is more well known than Malo. Just two of my personal favorites that aren't usually on the lists of others.

What RG said - Hall is well-known, but I don't think there was an appreciation for how much he could do. The "Live From Darryl's House" series has exposed much more of that.

Man, I dunno. Even Daryl Hall's sugar pop stuff was pretty hard to sing along with. He did those octave leaps and that falsetto so effortlessly, and Hall and Oates sold a heck of a lot of records. I guess I think of LFDH as a reminder of the kind of voice he has. I consider him an underappreciated rhythm guitarist, he does a more than decent job hanging with all those first call studio cats. ;-)

Pretty sure there was a thread about that. :p

Yeah, that was likely mine ... and it's still true.
Check this out ... every blues lick you could want.

In all honesty, he should be #1. He is the "singularity" for rock guitarists and by extrapolation rock/metal music in general.

In support of Raul ...

Just for fun. B.B. King in his prime.
Love watching his hands on the vibrato ... so fluid, natural and smooth. Never seen anyone replicate it.
And such a powerful voice.

Last edited:
Back