UK repair

Paz

Hi all,

my custom 24 has developed a buzzing sound, particularly when the g and d strings are played. My friend who builds guitars thinks it’s truss rod rattle.

it’s being collected on Monday and is getting looked at, has anyone in the UK had to have their PRS repaired? If so, how long did it take?

Dan

Be sure it is not a loose tuner nut, they can buzz too.

If it is the truss rod, a slight turn of the truss rod adjust til resistance is felt, either cw or ccw, might eliminate the buzz.

Thanks, I’ve tried all that, it’s still not right. I’ll just have to wait and see what PRS say about it.

So it turns out they can’t find a fault with it, apart from a few loose components.

It was sold to me as a pattern thin (I’ve mentioned this in another thread) however the spec sheet says pattern regular. the guitar tech where I bought it from says it is actually pattern thin and someone made a mistake on the spec sheet. He even measured the neck. Also, he put in the serial number cum4ftstub3_s6_h5-5u on the modcat decoder and it says pattern thin, but some of the other details are wrong. (Pickups are listed incorrectly)

I don’t know what to believe now, this has annoyed me quite a bit! Who do I believe?!

FWIW, I have an artist package 594SC that doesn’t have the artist package noted on the tag. What’s the situation with the pickups?

FWIW, I have an artist package 594SC that doesn’t have the artist package noted on the tag. What’s the situation with the pickups?

On the modcat decoder they’re listed as '250' pickups which they’re not, they are '85/15' pickups, a few other things are listed incorrectly as well, such as the neck wood being Sipo.

I’ve got the guitar back now, with new strings on. (Annoyingly the tech put 10-46 on when it had 10-52) I’m going to try and play it more, I was thinking of selling but I know I’ll take a big hit on it. I may even put the stock bridge pickup back in.

if anyone in the UK is thinking of getting a new axe, I highly recommend guitar guitar in Epsom. Their customer service is excellent, I didn’t even have to pay any shipping on the guitar at all.

Back