Uhh... Is The CE Back For 2016?

Whoo hoo! That is all for now. Always wanted a CE, now I can get one mint!

Whoa!!!! A brand new CE? I need to sell organs to keep up with what they're throwing down these days!

Reactions: RGM
Nice! A CE has been on my "If I find a good price on a used one" list for quite some time and now I can buy new. Add that to the New Year purchase list :)

But only a gig bag? I mean, it's awesome that the SE's come with a top notch bag at that price and at the S2 price I expect at least a bag. However, at 2K I'm expecting a hard case.

I saw Phil McKnight mention this in his year end video. Didn't post it here because I didn't know how Kosher that would be. I'm guessing this wasn't supposed to be announced until NAMM, but it's been leaked.

Yep, my dealer told me that the CE was coming back. But I'm GASSED out for the immediate, as yet undetermined future.

And birds! Although the dots/moons can look nicely understated, I am a sucker for birds!

Also, this will give a chance to try out those 85/15s everyone seems to like.

Sigh, but now I have to figure out whether the 277 semi-hollow soapbar baritone is next, or this. Either way, won't be for a while - need to save up for some other important stuff...

The real is question is whether this will change your "just maintain'" status...

Maybe...?

I saw Phil McKnight mention this in his year end video. Didn't post it here because I didn't know how Kosher that would be. I'm guessing this wasn't supposed to be announced until NAMM, but it's been leaked.
Yep, my dealer told me that the CE was coming back.

You guys are uninvited to my B-day party for not PM'ing me. :p

That's a surprise. Not sure how I feel about the birds. I mean, the dots and the "7" tops were what made the CE24 what it was, right? Is the lack of a plastic tip on the trem bar something new? Reminds me of a Floyd Rose.

Though I've wanted a Custom 24 with this pickup set, there seems to be too many compromises at this price point for me.

'PRS-designed' locking tuners and tremolo, then the bolt on 24 fret neck and the gig bag. If I needed a bolt on PRS, I'd buy a used CE22 or classic Swamp Ash model off the usual websites.

So I'll just wait a while and just save up for a used Core Custom 24 w/85/15's sometime in '16.(Probably at the Dallas Guitar Show in May).

Last edited:
Man, the trampus green on that site looks awesome!!!!!
Ya, the Trampas Green is hot! It's also the only one pictured that appears to have a Core trem as opposed to the SE/S2 trem...

the 85/15s are a very nice touch... I don't know how I feel about the lack of moons as an option (moons just seem "right" on a CE to me), but these are very tempting...

Wait... for $2K you get a gig bag and S2 (SE?) tuners & trem? :( I hope the info in the listing is incorrect. That really doesn't make sense. Maybe we should wait until the official announcement.

Wait... for $2K you get a gig bag and S2 (SE?) tuners & trem? :( I hope the info in the listing is incorrect. That really doesn't make sense. Maybe we should wait until the official announcement.
s2 tuners are awesome!!! i would want a core trem though.

edit 1000th POST !!!!!!!!

The put out a 22 with a Pattern Neck and my CC comes out. I am so grateful they are bringing the CE back!

It also looks like the Controls are not in routed recessed pockets like the other Core guitars. They appear to be flat on the maple top.

Last edited:
Back