Uhh... Is The CE Back For 2016?

Ugh.... definitely the SE trem. Definitely a 2 piece neck heel like the S2 necks. On the fence. I'd be interested in hearing if they used the core pots and switches. If they didn't, I'm out on this one.

I wouldn't necessarily let $50-75 worth of parts ruin the whole guitar... Either way they're using the 12-sided knobs, so I'm pretty sure the electronics are all Maryland.

Ugh.... definitely the SE trem. Definitely a 2 piece neck heel like the S2 necks. On the fence. I'd be interested in hearing if they used the core pots and switches. If they didn't, I'm out on this one.
Bummer, I'm out.

I'm not really sure why they would bring the ce back, just to make all these changes that cheapen it compared to the original. Prs has always been it's own competition. I would have to say I would rather buy a used original ce than this guitar.

You were out from the start and were never going to buy one.

As to the 2 piece neck heel, they use a two piece neck heel like Taylor does, on the Private Stock acoustics. I know because I have one. Best acoustic guitar I've ever owned or played, hands down, including high end Collings models (have had a couple) and 900 series Taylors (have had several), and even my old band mate's 70s Gurian. Just an incredible instrument.

You can get bent out of shapes on spec BS or just play the damned guitar and see what it sounds and plays like. You're the spec guy. You may miss out. Or not.

I seriously don't understand all the hate. Show your support with your wallet.

I would love to get my hands on one of these. Can't wait to check them out in person. And for the record, the SE trem is still a great trem. I have no issues at all with tuning on my S2 24, nor have I had issues on any SEs I've played, even when switching from standard tunings to Drop D or lower. Definitely better than anything else I've ever owned.

As to the 2 piece neck heel, they use a two piece neck heel like Taylor does, on the Private Stock acoustics. I know because I have one. Best acoustic guitar I've ever owned or played, hands down, including high end Collings models (have had a couple) and 900 series Taylors (have had several), and even my old band mate's 70s Gurian. Just an incredible instrument.

You can get bent out of shapes on spec BS or just play the damned guitar and see what it sounds and plays like. You're the spec guy. You may miss out. Or not.

A-freakin-men. I for one like the idea, but I'd probably grab an old CE too since there are still plenty on the used market. For someone who wants nicer than an S2, doesn't have the gripes about "set neck vs bolt on", and doesn't have the scratch for a Core Custom I think this is a great guitar. Still cheaper than buying a highly over prices Fender Strat and quality is light years beyond anything Gibson is throwing on the market.

I seriously don't understand all the hate. Show your support with your wallet.

I would love to get my hands on one of these. Can't wait to check them out in person. And for the record, the SE trem is still a great trem. I have no issues at all with tuning on my S2 24, nor have I had issues on any SEs I've played, even when switching from standard tunings to Drop D or lower. Definitely better than anything else I've ever owned.

A-freakin-men. I for one like the idea, but I'd probably grab an old CE too since there are still plenty on the used market. For someone who wants nicer than an S2, doesn't have the gripes about "set neck vs bolt on", and doesn't have the scratch for a Core Custom I think this is a great guitar. Still cheaper than buying a highly over prices Fender Strat and quality is light years beyond anything Gibson is throwing on the market.

Couldn't +1 more! Well said fellas!!

I've asked people to withhold judgement on new offerings until they have personally seen, heard or played one, but it falls mostly on deaf ears.

I'll never understand people limiting their options and not even considering something. I like options. I like evaluating things myself before I decide if I'm interested or not.

I can't evaluate something like a guitar from a spec sheet or a photo. Guitars are complex systems and require a hands-on evaluation.

I don't have to wait till I play one to see they are less of a value than the original ce's. The differences in the original ce and the custom were two things. The ce had a less figured top (not always), and a bolt on neck. These have import parts, a thinner and differently sculpted top, a scarf joint neck and come with a soft case. All these features are cost cutting measurements. I bet they are great guitars, and I don't see them as being a bad value. They just aren't what the originals were.

I've asked people to withhold judgement on new offerings until they have personally seen, heard or played one, but it falls mostly on deaf ears.

I'll never understand people limiting their options and not even considering something. I like options. I like evaluating things myself before I decide if I'm interested or not.

I can't evaluate something like a guitar from a spec sheet or a photo. Guitars are complex systems and require a hands-on evaluation.

Couldn't have said it better. I mean, this is serious stuff here. I wouldn't go all in until I had a chance to really dig into it. This isn't one of those things you can just rely on pictures and descriptions on to make your choice. Like, for instance, an internet bride from the eastern block!

I don't have to wait till I play one to see they are less of a value than the original ce's. The differences in the original ce and the custom were two things. The ce had a less figured top (not always), and a bolt on neck. These have import parts, a thinner and differently sculpted top, a scarf joint neck and come with a soft case. All these features are cost cutting measurements. I bet they are great guitars, and I don't see them as being a bad value. They just aren't what the originals were.

Value, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. I have an '87 MIJ Strat that is worlds above anything Fender made at that time. It cost far less, and is a superior instrument (IMHO).

Value, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. I have an '87 MIJ Strat that is worlds above anything Fender made at that time. It cost far less, and is a superior instrument (IMHO).
I agree. I'm just talking about the actual features. I'm not saying it's a bad guitar by any stretch of the imagination!

...and they aren't being marketed as replacements for the originals, yet I see prejudices showing through as you tick off the specs.

It's ok to like what you like and want what you want. I'm just suggesting that you might be surprised if you tried one. Maybe or maybe not.

The number of people who did a 180 from disdain to like on th S2 line is proof of that.

...and they aren't being marketed as replacements for the originals, yet I see prejudices showing through as you tick off the specs.
"Returning after nearly a decade of being out of the lineup, the CE 24 is back and better than ever. Check one out today." A statement like this makes comparing them to the originals fair in my mind.

"back and better than ever" means changes.

Obviously not a direct replacement. Also obvious that not everyone will embrace the changes.

Perhaps obvious only to me, "better than ever" means I should at least play one to find out.

But that's just me.

I'm also not interested in arguing with you whether or not you, personally should try one. I'm just continually perplexed by people's easy dismissal of something they haven't tried from a builder they trust.

"back and better than ever" means changes.

Obviously not a direct replacement. Also obvious that not everyone will embrace the changes.

Perhaps obvious only to me, "better than ever" means I should at least play one to find out.

But that's just me.

Maybe if we gave it a new name, then those who object could be judge it on its own merits?

I propose these be known as "NewCE" (say it fast).

Maybe if we gave it a new name, then those who object could be judge it on its own merits?

Great...I feel the NewCE ( or phonetically...nu-see) tightening around my wallet already. I'm not even in the market for one of these, but I already have that twitchy feeling on my ordering finger!

It worked well for Coke. Oh wait, maybe stick with ce.

Back