Uhh... Is The CE Back For 2016?

Of being a fringe fanatic? Me too. ;)

il_570xN.183222452.jpg

Hey all...Didn't look back to see if anyone had done this yet, but we got a couple new US made CEs in at the store and I wanted to give a little run down of what I thought...First, two nice finishes...1 Trampas and 1 Amber...the Amber looked a little darker than usual, which I loved with the RW fingerboard. The Trampas is cool, if you like greens...(who doesn't???) The cost cutting measures have all probably been mentioned, but I really kinda like the idea of not dishing out around the knobs on the top. I've have a few people over the years want an easier "pull-up" when yanking on the knob to go to single coil...I think this helps get a grip on the knob. They used the scarf-joint neck-headstock (similar to S2) transition, the rear cavity covers are not countersunk...also maybe a little less carve on the top of the body, but not around the lower cutaway...that seems like classic PRS...yep, I think that's it...the 85-15s (yup, the good 85-15s!!!) rock...very bright guitar, so I won't hold my breath for a maple board...dammit. Love the look of maple boards. Good quality gig bag...oh, and possibly the SE bridge...All in all...I will most likely have one in the basement soooooon.
OH, and the pattern thin feels good...but here's hoping for a 22 with a fatter neck.

First PRS I ever owned was a whale blue CE. Nice little guitar, but I didn't care for the rotary. I much prefer the mahogany (or Korina) set necks these days, but I'd be interested to see one in person for old times sake.

Watching the video now. I have to take back what I said in my previous post - the guitar looks awesome with the nicer top and birds. Absolutely have no need for one, but I want one.

The new PRS Ce24 guitars can now be officially announced..We have Trampas Green, Whale Blue, and Amber all in stock and ready to go...
85/15's, Killer figured Maple Tops, Completely USA Core guitars!!

Nice I'd love one with an all maple neck and in some solid colors! Man I'v been waiting for a wile, I can't wait to throw down!

Ugh.... definitely the SE trem. Definitely a 2 piece neck heel like the S2 necks. On the fence. I'd be interested in hearing if they used the core pots and switches. If they didn't, I'm out on this one.

Back