Ugly guitars (not PRS of course)

Same here. The sad thing is back in the day, Zakk's LP's were pretty cool IMO.

How do you all feel about this one?
dweezila.jpg

For me it's......well......not good.
It'd be fun to own that, if only to piss people off! :)

dweezila.jpg

Dweezil couldn’t just do normal...I mean that just wouldn’t match his heritage. I tried hard to like it (with normal inlays), but the lack of a lower horn just didn’t work for me as someone who sit to play most of the time.

Amybody remember the Parker Fly? I briefly owned one, despite the terrible-looking design. It had just about the only neck pickup I liked the sound of but it had this ridiculous horn that seemed specifically placed to dig into your side. Terrible!

dweezila.jpg

I'm liking this design more and more. If it was 335 sized I would want one.

My father (RIP, 1986) once told me that plainer girls were fun to go out with because they were grateful.

On the other hand, he married my mother, who was a looker.

I figured he was full of it.

The second guitar looks like it'd be grateful if you bought it. On the other hand, the first guitar looks like it'd be a hooker.

So I'm not sure which guitar would be more fun. :cool:
Great post!

I think BC Rich mockingbirds are beautiful. It doesn’t look like a pointy guitar type guitar to me. It’s a beautiful shape with a little bit of point to it.
The PRS Zappa is ugly as can be but I feel like if I saw one in person I would like playing it.
I have a Gibson reverse Flying V. I bought it because it was so stupid looking and was cheap for the same reason. It’s odd, a regular Flying V is super uncomfortable to play sitting down and the reverse is comfortable. Still ugly though.

Back