Ugly, but I feel the need to try... Ukraine...

I googled “donations Ukrainian” and one of the links was Forbes.com. They, in turn, listed links of various legit charities for donations. I selected “Ukrainian Red Cross,” and made a donation. This is not an endorsement for that particular charity. I just hope my contribution will help those poor souls.

I googled “donations Ukrainian” and one of the links was Forbes.com. They, in turn, listed links of various legit charities for donations. I selected “Ukrainian Red Cross,” and made a donation. This is not an endorsement for that particular charity. I just hope my contribution will help those poor souls.
We once did a benefit gig for Haiti.
We had the tip jar out, matched it, and sent it to Red Cross who matched it again. Four grand got there.

I also donated via Red Cross.

Dave, thanks for starting this thread and to all here who are donating in whatever way they can. The Ukrainian Red Cross route seemed the best route for me, but any help through any legit agency is great. Absolutely heartbreaking to see what the Ukrainian citizens are having to endure.

This is a great thing you are doing. I'm here proudly trying to do my part at the moment. The 5* star hotel I work at is offering free shelter and food to refugees from Ukraine. We have a few at the moment. As you would expect they are all only elderly, women and children. All the males between 16- 65 ( if I'm not mistaken ) must remain in the Ukraine to fight. They don't speak anything other than Ukrainian. I communicate with them using Google translate and have made an effort to learn a few words in their language in the hope that this may give them a little bit of comfort. It is truly a heartbreaking situation what these people and their country is going through.

This is a great thing you are doing. I'm here proudly trying to do my part at the moment. The 5* star hotel I work at is offering free shelter and food to refugees from Ukraine. We have a few at the moment. As you would expect they are all only elderly, women and children. All the males between 16- 65 ( if I'm not mistaken ) must remain in the Ukraine to fight. They don't speak anything other than Ukrainian. I communicate with them using Google translate and have made an effort to learn a few words in their language in the hope that this may give them a little bit of comfort. It is truly a heartbreaking situation what these people and their country is going through.
I have two PRS friends in Poland, Mike and Art. Would you be one of them? If so I'm glad your here. If not, welcome new guy. You're doing a great service.

I got suckered into this awful Pay to Win mobile game over Covid, and there’s a pile of Russian players. It’s been interesting seeing their reactions over the course of the last couple weeks.

They most certainly aren’t getting the same news as we are.

I got suckered into this awful Pay to Win mobile game over Covid, and there’s a pile of Russian players. It’s been interesting seeing their reactions over the course of the last couple weeks.

They most certainly aren’t getting the same news as we are.
I think there were 2 or 3 independent news outlets, and they were all forced to shut down over the last 3 weeks.

Earlier we had donated to Doctors Without Borders. Today we saw that Google was matching donations so we donated to UNICEF and World Food Program. I am in touch with some coders in Kyiv that make a photo program that I use, so I've contacted them to give them a bundle of sky images that I have so that they can package them up in their software store and get the donated income to use for charity work on the ground there in the city. I haven't heard back yet, and if I don't I'll do something else through my son's coder contacts there.

Watching Putin threaten other Russians reminds me of Voltaire's comment that "those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

Not sure if anyone if anyone knows about this but Andertons here in the UK are holding a raffle to win a Strat in the colours of the Ukranian flag. Tickets are £5 (or whatever the exchange rate is). They've raised over £34k for the Red Cross Ukraine Appeal so far. Sorry I can't post the link but please head over to their site if you'd like to support this.

Back