UGD SE Camo Standard

aphantomvaper

Bend it to the Owl!
Used Guitar Day - New to Me

I've seen a few of these on the forum and this was was cheap on the 'verb so, impulse engines took over at full power!

It's been beat. Lots of beauty marks, self cut knob indicators, weird relic on the back of neck and missing a screw on the 4th string tuner, spring plate and the truss rod cover missing.

This is a beast! The EMGs are good, really good. Low action, looks like it could take quite a bit more rough life before it's done, but it's got a gentle owner now.

uMZ2rQI.jpg

WDRZpM3.jpg

8d9S7ak.jpg

fxdw1R8.jpg

Yq1bD7i.jpg

5bCNB2Y.jpg

Can anyone verify this weird "made in a limited run before winter NAMM 2005" before the Se Standard became part of the line? It is all Mahogany? There's very little on this model on the PRS site except the F means 2005 and the run is 0 (zero)

Cool! I must admit to have always wanting one of these.

Yeah, they’re all mahogany (except the fretboard of course).

There’s a little blurb about these in the Dave Burlock book. Something about them getting delayed because the sticker for the graphics got reversed.

Cool!
Weren’t these sigs for the guitarist in Hoobastank? No idea about that band, just remember some interview or photos of him with these guitars.
Camo is my favorite color. :D

Last edited:
The only thing ever knew about Hoobastank is Denny's had a promo meal or menu with the Hoobastank seal of approval...but how many of us have ended up at a Denny's after the gig and "after party?". I know have.

Wow... not sure if that gittar has had a very rough life or a very good life!
Sounds like it's got a good home now though!

Bought one of those (in mint condition) for Mrs. Bebop a couple of years ago. She loves camo.
It's actually a great playing & sounding rock machine! Built with the quality of the older SE's...

GjCYaV9.jpg

Anyone know what neck carve this is? I had an SE Custom 24 A couple years ago and had to give it back as I did not bond with the Wide-Thin neck at all.

This one feels good!

Spent some time over the weekend with this sweet beast. It's an amazing player. I pulled off the control plate and felt like like Marty in BTTF "Holy ****, this sucker is Nuclear??"

The realization the EMG pickups are active and need a preamp never occurred to me. The battery that was in there tested at 5.5V, put in a fresh 9v and it really really screams now.

Also figured out the Pickup switch is wired backward so neck is in bridge position and vice versa. I left it for now. It was in the King Buzzo orientation (forward and back instead of up and down).

zYRAlOV.jpg

41g7y3s.jpg

Last anomaly. Taking a close look at the lower horn there is a filled hole. Seems this one spent time as a left-hander too.

tZCW48Y.jpg

That should wrap it up for this guitar. I'm posting this stuff 'cos you may enjoy these deets as a guitar's personality is determined by these little things. I feel lucky to have found her, and love the weird aspects.

Back