U.K. Version of PTC?

Mindy-glow-dave

Hi folks,

has as anyone in the uk had work done by a PRS authorised tech. I do trust a couple of techs in the area but just wondered if anyone had any recommendations?

Thanks guys

You´re welcome! I was able to react that quick, because I was not sleeping. I suppose we share the same continent ;)

Yeah, I'm in Scotland, brand new to prs with an S2 cu24. Loving it but wanted to update the wiring to that of the core line with the 5 way blade and pickup config.

Although there are a couple of techs around my neck of the woods I've heard mixed reviews.

PRS Europe was tasked by Paul to modify my 513 MT electronic from printed circuit board to hand-wiring. They did their job well.

Thanks everybody, do you think it would be within their remit to do minor jobs like rewiring and upgrading electronics or should that just be left to local techs?

I presume PRS Europe have a tech they use. They don't have a dedicated repair centre AFAIK.

A competent tech should be able to do a re-wire.

It's more complex repairs / mods such as re-frets where you only want to use the very best.

Take it to Jimmy Egypt in Glasgow if you can. He's based in CC Music just off Great Western Road in the west end. GuitarGuitar could also do it for you. They have shops in both Glasgow & Edinburgh and are PRS dealers. However Jimmy Egypt is the main man in Scotland for repairs and setups.

Back