Two guitars at PTC for me

Hey Tim,

Have you had a chance to spend any time with this yet? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I got to play with it for about a half hour on Saturday. It sounds great. The neck feels amazing. The guitar is gorgeous in person. The finish is fantastic.

It's pretty difficult to play for me since you guys strung it with some sort of cable designed to tow a 50 foot boat trailer :) I'm in Seattle this week, when I get back I'll restring it with some strings my 47 year old hands can manage a little easier and report back.

From someone with a guitar at the PTC at the moment, it's really cool to see them turn out so well!

Last edited:
Love the direction you went with both guitars Tim. They turned out great!

I played the SAS w/dual NF pickups last Saturday at a gig. The guitar played and sounded great! It cut like a Tele on the bridge and had a nice fat P90 tone on the neck.

My only beef with the guitar has nothing to do with the PTC - I don't like the pearl inlay - it's really hard to see the dots on a maple neck. Before the gig I took a black Sharpie and "fixed" the side dots.

Oh, and I got to test out the bonus feature that Skitchy did - the push/pull pot bypasses the pots and switches and delivers the raw bridge pickup - very handy!

Back