Tuner buttons for SE Hollowbody ii Piezo

George H

Does anyone know if there are any black or ebony tuner buttons that will fit the SE Hollowbody ii Piezo stock tuners?
Thanks
George in Maine

I switched mine out for PRS Locking tuners. Not the answer you were looking for.

But I am sure there are black or ebony buttons out there.Have you tried stewmac or allparts? They could probably help out. Or give John a call at https://www.johnmannsguitarvault.com

IIRC, someone had asked a similar question couple weeks back regards tuner button replacements for SE guitars. StewMac and Google revealed results that would not fit SE guitars.

@garrett confirmed this.

Griz may have the only good answer for us with John Mann.

I don't remember talking tuner buttons recently.

The set of SE tuners I have is from 2007, but Grover mini, Schaller (well, Fender-branded Ping Well copies) and Hipshot buttons fit them. The Hipshot buttons also fit the old 80's Gotoh set I have, so presumably Gotoh buttons will also work on the SE tuners.

It does not work the other way around though. The SE shafts (and therefore the buttons) are a bit smaller in diameter than these other brands, so you can't put SE buttons on Grover, etc.

The replacements I've messed with all work with a little play, but this becomes meaningless once you tighten the screw that holds the button on.

All this comes with a big fat warning of specs may change, YMMV, IME, I'm just some nerd on the internet...

I’ve been emailing John Mann for a month or so. My SE Hollowbody piezo is slightly neck heavy. I put SE locking tuners on it. That wasn’t quite enough, so I started emailing EVERY source for tuner buttons. So far, there is nothing available, but John says just give him a little time. I’ll let you know when I find some.

Back