Tune in to Paul Smith’s interview with Chris Wallace

Touch-sensitive interactive screens are today's equivalent of Star Trek's computer interfaces.

Only thing that hasn't occurred yet is holographic interactive design

You know what I wonder about Star Trek? I wonder if there were lines around the block filled with people in red and blue jumpers waiting for the new Tricorder, or if some of those people used their holodeck time to watch unboxing holograms by the guys in yellow jumpers.

they never show the boxes, or anyone’s guitars or amps. everyone on deep space nine plays prs, kardashian and bajoran alike.

You know what I wonder about Star Trek? I wonder if there were lines around the block filled with people in red and blue jumpers waiting for the new Tricorder, or if some of those people used their holodeck time to watch unboxing holograms by the guys in yellow jumpers.

they never show the boxes, or anyone’s guitars or amps. everyone on deep space nine plays prs, kardashian and bajoran alike.

BjmGljd.jpg

Truly, not the brightest crayon in the box.

Duh, they don’t putt glitter crayons like me in the box.

Chris Wallace traveled there for a 3 minute interview? Is there going to be an extended cut release in 4K, Blu-ray and digital with bloopers and a soundtrack?

Seems to be a lot of work for so little time on an interesting technology.

Apparently. The tech where big brother is able to view satellite images down to the street corner and each person in the image is in the works. It's only been partly fictional in JAG and NCIS up to now, but science fiction is often the precursor to R&D perceived reality.

Fact: In my first stint at college, my professor taught that most tech we have today was perceived and R&D'd in the late 50s/early 60s, and only because of cost-prohibitive production methods was the reason the tech wasn't developed back then.

As Mohr's Law curve rose, so did the ability to produce ever-increasingly smaller circuits with faster processors. And as production methods enabled smaller, faster circuitry, computers and mobile devices were more affordable for consumers.

FTR, all of this posting has done nothing regards controlling climate change or my room thermostat, because my herkin' thermostat has been on the past 2 nights raising rim with my sinuses, and now my problem is stuffy, runny nose and coming down with a cold. Tissues, chapstick, honey-lemon tea and needed bedrest, all before a very important meeting this Sunday, which may be missed, all because of the past 3 days of cold weather and my indoor thermostat.

Yes, it's personal, and no, I'm not liking it.

Trust me on this. Get a bottle of nasal saline. Spray it all out into a coffee cup. Put a healthy pinch of salt in it. Boil it in the microwave. Suck it back in in the bottle. Couple shots up each nostril 3 times a day. Your cold will go away!

Trust me on this. Get a bottle of nasal saline. Spray it all out into a coffee cup. Put a healthy pinch of salt in it. Boil it in the microwave. Suck it back in in the bottle. Couple shots up each nostril 3 times a day. Your cold will go away!

Thanks, I prefer the nasal saline just the same. Can't do decongestants because of my BP, only Mucinex cough expectorant and suppressant. The doc says it's counter-productive using a suppressant when its more wise to get the mucus up out of the lungs.

That being said, the cold is still in its stuffy head / runny nose phase. Have been hydrating with plenty of fresh bottled water, washing hands and face more frequently, Will also try a hot shower and foot soak with a cuppa honey-lemon chamomile tea before bed.

My feeling was that the past 3 days of cold weather/pollen and the overnight thermostat heat screwed with my immune system, and my health in on the downswing. Looks like I'll miss one of my most important meetings of the year next weekend. F'n who cares anymore. I hate this.

Saline = salt water.

So, just more salty water?
Saline is mild and made to moisturize. More salt = “saltwater.” If you want to just boil water first, make your own. But you can’t “taste” the salt in nasal saline. You need enough salt that you can taste it. Learned this many years ago from my old German doctor.

Saline is mild and made to moisturize. More salt = “saltwater.” If you want to just boil water first, make your own. But you can’t “taste” the salt in nasal saline. You need enough salt that you can taste it. Learned this many years ago from my old German doctor.

Thanks, the nasal saline itself is fine. Have now to let the cold go through its course and wait it out.

I'd use the saltwater for cleansing my mouth and throat, which will help do away with bacteria / viruses from the stuffy / runny nose. Am not hacking up my lungs just yet, but foresee the usual course of illness and recovery.

Please don't wish me a "speedy" recovery :eek:o_O:confused:. Just wish me to take care and don't push myself too much.

P.S. Apologies to @Shawn@PRS for derailing his thread re: PRSh. Hope things return to what we're supposed to be doing soon...

Last edited:
Back