Tumnus OD Pedal

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by Steven Lafferty, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Steven Lafferty

Steven Lafferty New Member

Just picked up a new Wampler Tumnus Deluxe OD Pedal. My old Tube Screamer went to heaven. This new pedal is really awesome. I was thinking about a Timmy Pedal. But liked this much better. If you get a chance try one out.

RevBillyG, ViperDoc and MarshallMike like this.
  2. MarshallMike

MarshallMike New Member

I have had one for about 6 months now. A very nice OD pedal, very transparent. I went through a boatload of other OD pedals until I got this one. It's definitely a keeper. An Exotic EP Booster after this one sounds very good as well.

3. Boogie

Boogie Zombie Two, DFZ

The EP in front of it works great, too! The Tumnus is one of the best Klon clones out there. If I didn’t already have a Klon, I would have bought a Tumnus.

bodia likes this.
  4. ViperDoc

ViperDoc Plugged In.

That's a very good problem to have!

Check out the RYRA Klone also. It's utterly fantastic.

donderom, bodia and Boogie like this.
  5. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

I'll second the RYRA. Love mine.

ViperDoc likes this.
  6. Tone-y

Tone-y New Member

I had an old ryra Klone I bought second hand and it sounded fantastic, however it wasn't functioning properly so I sent it back. I was so impressed that I bought a new one, but this didn't sound anywhere near as good. Looked a bit different under the hood, though that doesn't necessarily mean anything.
    I've now got a ceriatone centura and that is also fantastic. I actually use it as an overdrive pedal rather than just a clean boost as so many klons seem to end up being used. Shame as they're missing out

goat-n-gitter and bodia like this.
  7. goat-n-gitter

goat-n-gitter Dismembered

I've never tried out a Tumnus, but I have a J Rocket Archer and love it. I too use the drive and not just the volume boost.

8. andy474x

andy474x Knows the Drill

I use a standard Tumnus as my go-to booster for almost anything. It’s cool because you can run it fairly clean, and it’s not totally transparent, but leaning that way, and then as you turn the gain up it starts to boost mids and cut bass a little more and impart its own flavor, so basically you can dial in not only gain and dB boost but also the amount of coloration you want. For some reason it’s like the thing I always wanted a tubescreamer to be that it never was.