Tubes is Georgia !

But what makes them so good? Is there a particular component part?
The proof will definitely be in the pudding. I would say WE will generally offer tubes with better glass and way better alloys (no junk metal), and most importantly, better quality control in production. I think the amp forums were predicting a 12AX7 from them at about $100 per or more. That adds up pretty quickly, but if they can dodge microphonics and offer a long life span, it will justify the price. In the NOS market for the astute tube roller, that could be a bargain.

The only problem with that is the Chinese tube factory that burnt down a few years ago is rumored to be newly up and running again. Those were good tubes according to Dave Friedman, which is good enough for me. If they can bring "$12-AX7s" back to market, WE might have a problem. I hope we see both.

Why were you there? Such a great small town.
I was just a kid along for the ride. My father attended the Indiana University School of Music for his doctorate in violin back in those days. We left in 85. I'd love to go back and see it. Google Earth just doesn't really do it justice.

I was just a kid along for the ride. My father attended the Indiana University School of Music for his doctorate in violin back in those days. We left in 85. I'd love to go back and see it. Google Earth just doesn't really do it justice.

Your dad must’ve been one hell of a musician. The Indiana school of music is a really good one.

Thanks. The most musically gifted person I’ve ever known. He can play anything. Violin, piano, organ, trumpet, trombone, viola, guitar, accordion. He was in the SF Opera first violin section for over 45 years. Also played on every George Lucas soundtrack recorded at Skywalker Ranch.

Thanks. The most musically gifted person I’ve ever known. He can play anything. Violin, piano, organ, trumpet, trombone, viola, guitar, accordion. He was in the SF Opera first violin section for over 45 years. Also played on every George Lucas soundtrack recorded at Skywalker Ranch.
That's simply fantastic!

While that is really amazing, I still gotta give top talent to the young lady in your avatar. I mean that’s a PS guitar stand.

While that is really amazing, I still gotta give top talent to the young lady in your avatar. I mean that’s a PS guitar stand.
Might be a difficult deal to close at our age.

But there are grandmas who might be interested in holding your guitars! :)

Back