trying to find pics of what " vintage burst really looks like

south89

I'm thinking about buying a stripped 58 in what is vintage burst but when I try to look up more examples of the color I am finding some very drastic differances. I went PRS website and they don't even have the color listed for stripped 58's. I know that all the colors aren't gonna be exactly the same but I would think they are going to be close. :confused::mad:

Old (`90) guitar but I don't think the formula is any different....vintage burst.

5-1.jpg

Actually, that '90 is vintage cherry burst. The vintage burst that was offered on the Stripped 58 (I had one) is actually not very red, it's more subtle around the edges; imagine a McCarty burst with a very slight touch of brownish-red it and you have the idea.

Here's what I have on me right now:

vintageburst.jpg

vintageburst2.jpg

vintageburst3.jpg

That first image has always given me trouble. I'm not sure if a color profile got screwed up in our editing along the way or what, but I've had multiple complaints about it.

Actually, that '90 is vintage cherry burst. The vintage burst that was offered on the Stripped 58 (I had one) is actually not very red, it's more subtle around the edges; imagine a McCarty burst with a very slight touch of brownish-red it and you have the idea.

This is a picture of the pickup cavity...so is the new vintage sunburst a different finish?

16.jpg

There is a finish called " vintage burst " where what you have in your pickup cavity is " vintage sunburst ". its definately differant finishes

There is a finish called " vintage burst " where what you have in your pickup cavity is " vintage sunburst ". its definately differant finishes

I see, I thought burst and sunburst were the same thing and perhaps the only thing different was 20 years of age. Sorry I was of no help.

I see, I thought burst and sunburst were the same thing and perhaps the only thing different was 20 years of age. Sorry I was of no help.

No worries, and I had one just like that '90 that I bought in 1991. My first PRS, and I loved it!

No worries, and I had one just like that '90 that I bought in 1991. My first PRS, and I loved it!

Yeah, I'm pretty fond of the color myself. The first CE I bought was Vintage Sunburst, now I have three with that finish.

Back