Trying to be good...

Egads

One, Two, THIRTEEN!
So, this has been at my local GC for a little over a month. The price is good, but I shouldn't be spending. I've really been missing my old satin SC250 lately and wanting a satin finish.

Can you confirm my thoughts on this one? I think it's a satin SC with an Artist Package. It's an '07, so it was before the 245s and 250s. It has a 25.0 scale, satin finish, gold hardware, paua birds and signature, and a rosewood headstock overlay. The back and neck are mahogany. Does the headstock overlay look like Brazillian?

BTW, the SE 20 sounded great! I played one when they first came out and really didn't like the lead channel. This one sounded really good, as did the clean channel cranked.

Last edited:
Also, I really like PRS tuners, so the Klusons on this are a disappointment and minor deterrent. I know I can change them out, but still...

When I first got my SE SC, I wasn't sure if it was a good purchase... for about the first 10 minutes. I haven't looked back since!

Do it!!!

I think I'm going to pass (of course, if I go back in a month or so and it's taken a dramatic mark-down, all bets are off). I'm just not a fan of gold hardware and the vintage tuners.

If anyone is looking for a great deal on an used Singlecut Satin in good shape, pm me and I'll give you the 411.

Red with a natural back looks really good, but I hear you on the vintage tuners and gold hardware.

I'm not a big fan of gold either however if it's a great deal then I'd get in it. Klusons can always be switched out too....

not sure what you can spend but here is a new Artist Brazilian http://davesguitar.com/products/paul-reed-smith/sc-250-artist-brazilian-16/

Oh, holy hell! That is hot! Of course, it's almost twice the used one listed above. :)

Unless it's still there when we get back from vacation, AND it's taken a good mark down, I'm going to pass. It's not perfect (gold and vintage tuners), and I'm not sitting on a stack of bones that need a new home.

And my wife won't know how close she was to killing me.

Ummmm. If that guitar is 1/2 the price of Dave's, BUY IT NOW. That is an artist pack satin AND has a BRAZZY board. That would be an absolute steal. Even if you replaced all the hardware with nickel parts, it's still a steal after you're all said and done. Buy some gotoh locking kluson SD90 tuners and call it a day.

Ummmm. If that guitar is 1/2 the price of Dave's, BUY IT NOW. That is an artist pack satin AND has a BRAZZY board. That would be an absolute steal. Even if you replaced all the hardware with nickel parts, it's still a steal after you're all said and done. Buy some gotoh locking kluson SD90 tuners and call it a day.

Dammit! You are not helping here! :)

Dammit! You are not helping here! :)
:rofl:
Truth is, if you want an artist SC, it will be tough to get one near the price you're talking...especially if you desire a satin, because those are tough to find an artist pack(at least that I've seen). Trust me, I hate gold - my avatar pic is now void of gold;)

Back