Trying that 'nu metal' sound with my SC58 and Mesa Rectos...

Guitarjon

Hey everyone,

I got my beautiful PRS SC58 a week or two ago. I traded my Ibanez RGT320Z for it and I'm super stoked about it but that's another story. So when I think of PRS I tend to think of bands from the late 90s and early 2000s, you know, those 'nu metal' bands like Incubus, Limp Bizkit, Sevendust etc. So I really wanted to see how close I could get to that iconic tone with my Dual Rectifier and the PRS.

The PRS has the 57/08 pickups, which are basically very vintage voiced pickups if I've understood correctly. They sound like old PAF's supposedly but they work very well for modern styles as well luckily. I didn't know what to expect but I'm really digging the outcome! :)

I ran that guitar through my Dual Rectifier and that sounded really nice but since I also own a Mini Rectifier I thought I needed to try that as well. And while I was at it, why not also do a comparison between the Dual Recto and Mini Recto? So I snuck that in as well. I think both amps sound really nice here but I would love to know your thoughts as well!

Here's the vid:

Back