Trying Hard to Like the HDRX20

this must be the year for teeth problems! in the last year, I had 2 crowns, 1 root canal, and 2 extractions. Now I need to eventually get a partial for the 2 molars that were extracted so I can eat proper again. I would rather have 2 implants but they would cost me $10k! I always have taken care of my teeth but this thing just snowballed out of control all at once! Sucks getting old! Oh wait, are we talking AMPS? haha
I had implants last year. I managed to fracture two molars at different times in the same year.

Turns out that the materials some endodontists used during the 70s or 80s in root canals to seal the canal and support the tooth disintegrated over time, leaving the tooth hollow. So they fracture easily.

Partials wear, they need adjustments and replacements...so I sprung for the implants. My dentist recommended a periodontist who teaches at U of Michigan Dental School. Said that's who he'd go to himself. So that's the person I saw.

Kinda glad I did, they feel like natural teeth, I don't even notice them. I do notice the damage to my bank account, but...seemed like the best solution.

There's no perfect fix to all this.

Getting old is not for the faint of heart! :eek:

Last edited:
I had implants last year. I managed to fracture two molars at different times in the same year.

Turns out that the materials some endodontists used during the 70s or 80s in root canals to seal the canal and support the tooth disintegrated over time, leaving the tooth hollow. So they fracture easily.

Partials wear, they need adjustments and replacements...so I sprung for the implants. My dentist recommended a periodontist who teaches at U of Michigan Dental School. Said that's who he'd go to himself. So that's the person I saw.

Kinda glad I did, they feel like natural teeth, I don't even notice them. I do notice the damage to my bank account, but...seemed like the best solution.

There's no perfect fix to all this.

Getting old is not for the faint of heart! :eek:
A buddy of mine says "Old age is God's way of insulting us."

Being more of a Gnostic Buddhist than anything else, I guess I see it as just being the way things are.

Back