Truss Rod

guitarsong

CLIMBING VINTAGE PRS MT.
Are there any PS acoustics equiped with a Truss Rod?Photos and comments most welcome.

Yes, all the acoustics have truss rods.

The regular line now has adjustable truss rods and the PS line still offers the non-adjustable truss rod as an option...

Jamie

oops my bad!are there any adjustable truss rod equiped PS acoustics out there?Thanks for the info Jamie.

If you scroll down in this catagory you will find a Koa one that has it. The PS team will build one with the adjustable truss rod if you request it, but you can't get the graphite strength rod option outside of private stock.

If you scroll down in this catagory you will find a Koa one that has it. The PS team will build one with the adjustable truss rod if you request it, but you can't get the graphite strength rod option outside of private stock.

so do they adjust from the sound hole then? Because the Shop I go to has 2 or 3 Acoustics and NONE of them have a truss rod plate on the head stock and these are not PS acoustics. and they recently got them in too.

so do they adjust from the sound hole then? Because the Shop I go to has 2 or 3 Acoustics and NONE of them have a truss rod plate on the head stock and these are not PS acoustics. and they recently got them in too.

That would be my guess...

Jamie

No, No, if you check out that Koa PS angelus it has a truss rod cover on the headstock. If you see an acoustic PRS private stock with no truss rod cover, then it would be accurate to assume that it has the strength rod and no adjustable truss rod whatsoever. I hope this helps, just check it out.

No, No, if you check out that Koa PS angelus it has a truss rod cover on the headstock. If you see an acoustic PRS private stock with no truss rod cover, then it would be accurate to assume that it has the strength rod and no adjustable truss rod whatsoever. I hope this helps, just check it out.

You are correct.My PS acoustic has a truss rod cover on the headstock.I'll post some photos soon.

ok this is contrast to this post by Jamie-- Yes, all the acoustics have truss rods.

The regular line now has adjustable truss rods and the PS line still offers the non-adjustable truss rod as an option...
Jamie

The store I go to has TWO Angelus Customs and NEITHER are PS. also NEITHER has truss rod cover so then according to all this info posted these are standard line guitars that are NOT PS models but still have the graphite support bar.

scroll down and see TWO acoustics and neither has a truss rod cover. these are not old stock models. they have gotten these in with in the last month. http://davesguitar.com/products/paul-reed-smith/condition/new/type/acoustic-guitar

Last edited:
I have also seen other 2012 acoustics without the adjustable truss rod. These gtrs are hand assembled in batches and this spec change by PRS is recent. The last official word from PRS is that they were making the switch. Unless the company has made a sudden and unannounced change of mind, then what we are seeing are the last of the phasing out batches of strength rod equipped production line acoustics. Unless we hear of another reconsideration, then these may likely be the last of them. However, PRS has been known to accommodate special requests from customers outside of PS in the past, and if a customer and a dealer ask them nicely, they may make an exception. I have seen some unusual production gtrs, like discontinued colors making a special " one-off " reappearance, etc. Apart from the official word that PRS is making the switch, the exact reason why gtrs like the ones we are seeing are appearing remains a mystery, and outside of an inquisitive phone call to PRS to clarify the matter, any explanations at this point are merely speculation. I have called PRS a few times with questions in the past. They have always been very nice, and if they have an answer, they can be very helpful. If you are still curious about the matter, perhaps you could simply ask them. PEACE.

I have also seen other 2012 acoustics without the adjustable truss rod. These gtrs are hand assembled in batches and this spec change by PRS is recent. The last official word from PRS is that they were making the switch. Unless the company has made a sudden and unannounced change of mind, then what we are seeing are the last of the phasing out batches of strength rod equipped production line acoustics. Unless we hear of another reconsideration, then these may likely be the last of them. However, PRS has been known to accommodate special requests from customers outside of PS in the past, and if a customer and a dealer ask them nicely, they may make an exception. I have seen some unusual production gtrs, like discontinued colors making a special " one-off " reappearance, etc. Apart from the official word that PRS is making the switch, the exact reason why gtrs like the ones we are seeing are appearing remains a mystery, and outside of an inquisitive phone call to PRS to clarify the matter, any explanations at this point are merely speculation. I have called PRS a few times with questions in the past. They have always been very nice, and if they have an answer, they can be very helpful. If you are still curious about the matter, perhaps you could simply ask them. PEACE.

Ah could very well be the thing going on. I hope my posts did not come across as harsh as they were not meant that way. Just read a few posts and from what I saw( I played these two in person) things were not matching up lol. So I got curious! Have a great Christmas and new year!

Here is a few photos of PS#3702 Angelus with adjustable truss rod.Thanks Brent!
DSCN8754_zpscfa782f2.jpg

DSCN8768_zps5f7feb65.jpg

DSCN8770_zpsfa0c6ea5.jpg

DSCN8773_zps6ebb2daf.jpg

Back