Truss Rod Advice on S2 Vela Semi-Hollow

ShawnF1222

I am new to PRS and finally pulled the trigger and am enjoying my first PRS guitar. It's an excellent condition Vela. The neck needed an adjustment, so I adjusted the truss rod and it fixed it. Then a few days later, it relaxed again. I did my third small adjustment late yesterday and so far is holding.

I bought the guitar from Guitar Center and it had to be shipped. I was wondering if PRS truss rods come loose like this (during shipping) or maybe I have a bad neck? Any advice is welcome. I LOVE the guitar, but don't want to buy a new neck and pay for the labor to install. (I could just go and buy a new guitar then.) My understanding is it;sz not under warranty because I am not original owner. :(

The chances you have a "Bad Neck" are close to zero, I am betting your guitar was not stored in the best conditions at GC, the PRS double action truss rod is a great piece give your guitar a chance to settle in I'm 100% confident it will be fine.
PRS has really good customer service, even if you are not the original owner, if you have concerns send PTC an email worst case is they will want to see the guitar for evaluation.

I agree. There is close to 0% chance that there is an issue with the neck. Likely due to temperature swings. Especially if it was shipped somewhere warm from somewhere cold, or vise versa. The only time I ever have to adjust mine are changing from Fall to Winter and Winter to Spring. Mostly on my SEs. I've only had to adjust the TR on a Core a couple of times (and that's in more than 30 guitars) over the years.

Thank you all very much! So far, it has settled down and I am thankful because I really like the guitar. Never had a PRS, so wasn't sure what to expect. It's been very cold here in the Northeast, and we do get temp swings.

Back