Truss rod adjustment

Eddie kim

Holy cow. Who knew a light turn of the truss rod by a tad makes that much of a difference in the feel of the S2. I finally had the nerve to adjust the truss rod because the the action felt a little to high. A slight turn, and now my S 2 feels fantastic... PRS was not kidding when they said a slight turn would make a huge difference.

Last edited:
Glad you like the result.
And yes, you make tiny adjustments.

Exactly and I like to give a little time, 5 minutes or so, for it to settle in before I decide if it needs another adjustment.

Holy cow. Who knew a light turn of the truss rod by a tad makes that much of a difference in the feel of the S2. I finally had the nerve to adjust the truss rod because the the action felt a little to high. A slight turn, and now my S 2 feels fantastic... PRS was not kidding when they said a slight turn would make a huge difference.

Congrats, you improved the playability and saved some cash by doing it yourself. It took me a while before I was comfortable adjusting truss rods because of the horror stories you hear of guys going magilla gorilla and snapping them. Small adjustments are where it's at!

Lol, I always give mine two good turns to the right. It creates a significant bow in the neck which is what is most comfortable for me. It "saved" my DGT. The action was too low and I had too much fret buzz (I hate ANY fret buzz at all). I did not enjoy playing the guitar at all. Eventually I gave it the "treatment" and now it rips!! It's funny though, most layers fins playing my guitar difficult with the higher action and bow in the neck. That's home for me!!!

Back