Truss rod Adjustment

Markeje

Hey everyone I need a little help.

Just to be clear - if i want to to straighten the neck out on my 06 CE-24 to bring the strings off of the frets just a tiny bit, I need to turn truss rod which direction if I'm looking down the neck from the head stock? Clockwise?

Thanks!

If you are needing to raise the strings off the fretboard, chances are the neck is too straight or has a back bow. For this you would want to loosen the trussrod slightly, or turn it counter-clockwise when looking down from the headstock. This allows the neck to bow into the string tension, raising the action slightly.
Always be sure to make very small adjustments (~1/4 turn), then retune and wait a little while for the neck to settle.

Tom

Awesome - Thank goat! It's almost the perfect for my liking but the 5,6/E, A just have a skosh too much fret buzz is all.

The trust rod hex nut is 5/16 right? The 1 I have does not fit the CE24

Last edited:
If you have string buzz you should loosen the trussrod( counter clockwise).If neck feels great and sounds ok on the other strings perhaps raising the E and A strings will help .Most often people have the action set too low and have the neck too straight.

PRSSetup.jpg

:)

Last edited:
Back