Triple NGD

Berten

After a lot of browsing the internet, i stumbled upon a site i visited many years ago in search of ESP guitars. I forgot all about it until i was searching for a PRS SE Custom 24 with a floyd. after mailing a bit with Alexey i pulled the trigger and ordered me one. together with a tremonti beauty with quilt top. and two weeks later, i bargained with my wife so i could add a 7 string. too bad for the next two years i can't mention the word new guitar (although we never discussed second hand!!! haha) i have a feeling the next years will fly by very fast

pictures from the site because i can't make beautiful pictures:
prs-se-custom-24-floyd-rose-trampas-green-rw-birds-10_zpscji0okki.jpg

prs-se-tremonti-custom-cherry-sunburst-quilted-top-rw-birds-10_zpswefoiug3.jpg

prs-se-custom-24-7-vs-vintage-sunburst-rw-birds-10_zpsq4qmxv7u.jpg

and the self made pictures right from the box to the new happiness station

i don't know why i've stayed away so long from the quilts

DSCF0166_zpsd2jgtyum.jpg

DSCF0170_zpsyai2zgrx.jpg

DSCF0171_zps0iz7chum.jpg

DSCF0172_zpsxgorep2f.jpg

Brother right on! Good for you!
That's how you do it, three at a time!
I really like the tremonti the floyd is awsome too. Happy NGD!

Well that should keep you busy for awhile! Put two away and only play one for a full week to really get familiar with it, then do the same with the next and so on.....I dare ya! :p

A tantalizing trio of toneful triumph! THAT'S how to do an NGD!

Thank you. Indeed a trio of tones. Tons of tones. I'm still in the honeymoon phase but there is more than just aw's and oh's. Although I think the top of the Tremonti is awesome and so is the one of the 30th Floyd 24. The fact of the mather is that i really, really like that topcolor. Makes me think twice about my ZM in Vintage Sunburst. Although i love the coler, that Trampas Green is awesome with a big A! I still have about 2 weeks before I can return the ZM. Maybe i trade it in for the TG version. But on the other hand, almost everybody has that one. And i've read somewhere they are in the works for releasing it in different colors... Doubts!

There are also little things that annoy me, although annoy is a harsh word.

For example: the neck on the Tremonti Custom is quite thin as I'm now used to the beefier neck of the ZM guitar.

Also the sanded neck is awesome. Thinking about letting someone sand the neck of the Floyd 24 cause it's that awesome.

The pickups of the floyd 24 and tremonti sound a little thin compared to my other SE guitars. and that's something i hate cause i don't want to be the guy who buys a guitar and changes everything about it.

Love the weight of the floyd 24, i have the SE custom 24 without a floyd too, and that thing weighs a ton! don't like that at all since i suffer a lot of back pains lately.
Don't like amber knobs, so the 4 on the Tremonti are already changed into the clear ones like on the Floyd and ZM.

Then, the 7 string sounds a bit muddy.

Congrats on your threesome!
Just recently picked up an SE 7 in the same color myself :)

I've seen your NGD thread. How does yours sounds? Clean mine's more than amazing. Whether it is the neck or bridge, or even split coil. sounds great, but when distorted, everything sounds heavy. Great for that Metallica Sad But True tone i'm after, but when i hit the B string, i trade the muddy waters. it's not the guitar i've bought for the djenting kind of riffing, but it would be nice if it can be done with this guitar. So i'm serious thinking about changing the pickups for just having that clear tone when i'm riffing heavy **** out!

Good luck with keeping the promise ;)
Was the deal for two years human time, or dog time?

i don't know. two years seem too long for a guy always hit by GAS. this year i've bought 10 guitars and changed my entire arsenal of pedals. perhaps i should stop hunting down THE tone, and just be happy with how i'm sounding.

but anyway, my fingers hurt from playing that much the last couple of days. i'm happy i can get my feet under the table and start eating.

to everybody: a happy 2016

Before any pickups get changed, try upgrading the volume knobs to 550K. They`ll sound completely different, and better IMHO.

Thank you. Indeed a trio of tones. Tons of tones. I'm still in the honeymoon phase but there is more than just aw's and oh's. Although I think the top of the Tremonti is awesome and so is the one of the 30th Floyd 24. The fact of the mather is that i really, really like that topcolor. Makes me think twice about my ZM in Vintage Sunburst. Although i love the coler, that Trampas Green is awesome with a big A! I still have about 2 weeks before I can return the ZM. Maybe i trade it in for the TG version. But on the other hand, almost everybody has that one. And i've read somewhere they are in the works for releasing it in different colors... Doubts!

There are also little things that annoy me, although annoy is a harsh word.

For example: the neck on the Tremonti Custom is quite thin as I'm now used to the beefier neck of the ZM guitar.

Also the sanded neck is awesome. Thinking about letting someone sand the neck of the Floyd 24 cause it's that awesome.

The pickups of the floyd 24 and tremonti sound a little thin compared to my other SE guitars. and that's something i hate cause i don't want to be the guy who buys a guitar and changes everything about it.

Love the weight of the floyd 24, i have the SE custom 24 without a floyd too, and that thing weighs a ton! don't like that at all since i suffer a lot of back pains lately.
Don't like amber knobs, so the 4 on the Tremonti are already changed into the clear ones like on the Floyd and ZM.

Then, the 7 string sounds a bit muddy.

I've seen your NGD thread. How does yours sounds? Clean mine's more than amazing. Whether it is the neck or bridge, or even split coil. sounds great, but when distorted, everything sounds heavy. Great for that Metallica Sad But True tone i'm after, but when i hit the B string, i trade the muddy waters. it's not the guitar i've bought for the djenting kind of riffing, but it would be nice if it can be done with this guitar. So i'm serious thinking about changing the pickups for just having that clear tone when i'm riffing heavy **** out!

i don't know. two years seem too long for a guy always hit by GAS. this year i've bought 10 guitars and changed my entire arsenal of pedals. perhaps i should stop hunting down THE tone, and just be happy with how i'm sounding.

but anyway, my fingers hurt from playing that much the last couple of days. i'm happy i can get my feet under the table and start eating.

to everybody: a happy 2016

Yeah, that was the first thing I noticed too. I spent a bunch of time messing with the pickup height and I found a pretty good spot for them to subdue the worst of the muddiness. Although I've never tried it, the suggestion above might be worth a try (upgrading to a higher value volume pot). Otherwise, I'm sure the only way to radically alter the tone would be a pickup change. This guitar and pickup set really pump out the low end and low-mid frequencies, so a pickup that focuses on the mid and high mids would be preferable.

Back