tried a Fiore

I've had my Fiore for a little while now and absolutely love it...I made a "Quick Look" video for it if anyone is interested in watching...

Nice video. BHP profiles are my go to for a few years now on the Kemper as well :)

I thought the guitar pickups sounded great. Is the bridge a 57/08? Thought I saw that somewhere. Now I want a blue sparkle one (like on your wall in the background) with that all maple neck :D

Really nice demo Mapleleaf. Good demo of the range of tones it can do.

I couldn't help noticing that big silver box behind your right elbow. What is that thing? An 8-track tape player?

Thanks! LOL…yeah my Kemper Profiling 8-Track Player!

Nice video. BHP profiles are my go to for a few years now on the Kemper as well :)

I thought the guitar pickups sounded great. Is the bridge a 57/08? Thought I saw that somewhere. Now I want a blue sparkle one (like on your wall in the background) with that all maple neck :D

Thanks! Yeah, the BHP profiles are great, and Michael at BHG/BHP is a great dude.

Not a 57/08 though maybe they based the Fiore-H on one?!?

The blue sparkle guitar is my Maximum Guitar Works “Nellie”…basically my dream guitar built for me by Stephen at MGW. (There’s a video of it on my YT channel too!)

I have to be honest… when I watch guitar reviews now, it’s almost impossible to distinguish the unique tonal characteristics of one guitar over another. The reason being… the “generification” of guitar tones due to modelers, profiles and plugins. Seriously, unless you’re comparing single coils to humbuckers, everything can be made to sound the same. So what it comes down to (for me) on these reviews is the feel and features of the guitar. They all sound good - and the same - and it’s due to the player doing the demo (great, in this video), and the profiles they’re using.

To me, if you want to hear what a guitar really sounds like in a video review, watch the amp reviews. The amp manufacturers want the pure sound of their amps to come through on their videos, which, by extension, will give you the best possible representation of the guitar being played (and you know the guitar isn't being modeled or profiled).

Last edited:
The reason being… the “generification” of guitar tones due to modelers, profiles and plugins.
And, Youtube... and the playback setup. I mean, how many of us routinely watch Youtube demos on a PC with a really good external sound card>a good set of studio monitors? I can, but have to go to the music room to do that so I usually listen over headphones... through the cheap sound card in a laptop. Or, my iPad speakers. o_O

I realize it's not a high end signal reproduction chain. I'm listening with that understanding. That said, I've listened to TONS of Tags clips at TGP of the Louis Electric Cobra, and some of his Quinn's and even on tiny laptop speakers, you can tell FOR CERTAIN that they sound incredible... even with iphone recordings. You can just tell...

I couldn't help noticing that big silver box behind your right elbow. What is that thing? An 8-track tape player?

blaspheme_blues_brothers.gif

Not that Prestige AZ you mentioned, but I had the Premium AZ224F. Your mileage may vary, but IMO the Fiore has better pickups than the Hyperion pickups in the AZ. (The AZ has possibly more "options" due to the Dyna-Mix switching?)

I'm sure that the Prestige-level AZ would be closer in fit & finish to the Fiore, but the Fiore (again IMO) is way better than the AZ224F that I had...and I'd also pick it over the Prestige AZ that I played that belonged to another local guitarist (don't recall the model but it was a sunburst with 2 humbuckers).

Just purchased my Fiore today in sugar moon! Thanks for responding to my post and answering my question. Kind of kicking myself that I didn’t buy a blemished one for $500 off earlier in the week, but I was able to get the guitar I wanted. Was backordered on most sites.

Back