Tried a couple of SEs today.

Thanks. It was a gift from my parents back in 94. I never really got along with it until recently. I can’t really explain why though. Love the sound, but for some reason I prefer the feel of my Strat. I’ve been playing my LP a lot more recently though. The blue ones are beautiful guitars.
I gave mine to a very good tech so he could round the frets. The square tops of the older GibsonUSA model (until at least 2011 so far) always feel like speed bumps to me and go straight to him for treatment. After he's done with that and setup they play great.

Consider checking out the PRS S2 Standards. Made in US body with import hardware and electronics.

I briefly owned an SE Singlecut. Couldn't gel with it.

Best bet in my opinion is to find one on GC online, used, have them ship it to your local GC and try it out. if you dont like it, return. Strange though they are not selling used gear at the store. First time I came across that. You can also try the used section at Sweetwater, but that is really just a glorified Ebay.

Since I’m a PRS newbie I was not aware of their naming system and what each meant. The S2’s have really caught my eye though. New they are still a little outside of my price range, not by much though. I’m keeping my eyes open for a used S2 that looks right. I don’t have opportunity to try much around me. There is PRS sealing about 40 miles away that I’ll go visit when I get a chance. They seem to have a pretty good selection at the moment.

Best bet in my opinion is to find one on GC online, used, have them ship it to your local GC and try it out. if you dont like it, return.

Yes, this is a good way to go. I've done this when ordering new guitars online from Guitar Center too, ie have them delivered to the local GC so I can try them out. That way if something isn't right I can return it immediately without the hassle of shipping.

Last edited:
This will be a good option once the FL guitar centers get their act together on used equipment. I asked the lady that was helping me about this option and she recommended if I purchased used online it would be best to have it sent to my house. She said they should still be able to act as the receiver, but if I wanted to return it I would have to send it back to the store I purchased it from. This deal about FL GC’s not being able to deal in used equipment at the moment is really putting a wrench in my guitar purchase plans.

Back