Tricked out Zach Myers SE!

You have the Dimarzio 36th Annie pickups in another ZM as well, right? Is that your favorite set for the ZM model? I am looking to get some better PUPs for mine and I'm curious.

Thanks for the reply and I have one more question on those pups. standard or f-spaced?

AFAIK, all PRS SEs have 50mm spaced (i.e. standard) neck pickups and 52mm spaced (i.e. f-spaced) bridge pickups. That being said, I put 50mm spaced aftermarket bridge pickups (BKP Emerald, then SD Pearly Gates) in a ZM that I used to have without issue.

Hi, first timer here so apologies for the basic question, but which CTS pots did you use? I assume it the long shaft? Or the shorter one?

500k CTS Long Shaft Audio Taper Push Pull Pot
Product Code: APEP6286-000

Thanks for the reply and I have one more question on those pups. standard or f-spaced?

Standard

Hi, first timer here so apologies for the basic question, but which CTS pots did you use? I assume it the long shaft? Or the shorter one?

500k CTS Long Shaft Audio Taper Push Pull Pot
Product Code: APEP6286-000

Short!

Matt - I was lucky enough to get in on this run as well. I live in CT about 20 mins from Brian's Guitars so I'm fortunate enough to visit there regularly and the place is like a guitar museum. Really cool shop with a ton of great stuff. I went with:

Gotoh vintage locking tuners (drop-in replacement, and better than the PRS Phase III in my opinion)
Graphtech nut
Gibson Burstbucker 1 & 2 pickup set
PRS SE non-adjustable stoptail bridge.
Macassar Ebony pickup rings and matching truss rod cover
Switchcraft pickup switch with matching wood tip.

The guitar is fantastic. I have a 2017 Trampas Green Zach Myers that's undergone similar mods, and they're such great guitars. I bought a used 2019 McCarty 594 last year and I'm not even sure I would say it's a "better" guitar.

view

I picked up an amazing PRS SE ZM from Brians guitars. I looks amazing! But I can't leave anything alone. As soon as I saw it I had a plan!

So here are the mods:

Dimarzio 36th Annie pickups
White pickup rings
CTS pots with push/pull Volume knobs to split the coils
Lampshades
Orange drop caps
Switchcraft 3 way and input jack
Mannmade bridge
Phase 3 locking tuners
Graph tech nut

Oh, and all the hardware is hybrid style!

She rip!! What an amazing guitar!!
Stock pics first.

Matt - I was lucky enough to get in on this run as well. I live in CT about 20 mins from Brian's Guitars so I'm fortunate enough to visit there regularly and the place is like a guitar museum. Really cool shop with a ton of great stuff. I went with:

Gotoh vintage locking tuners (drop-in replacement, and better than the PRS Phase III in my opinion)
Graphtech nut
Gibson Burstbucker 1 & 2 pickup set
PRS SE non-adjustable stoptail bridge.
Macassar Ebony pickup rings and matching truss rod cover
Switchcraft pickup switch with matching wood tip.

The guitar is fantastic. I have a 2017 Trampas Green Zach Myers that's undergone similar mods, and they're such great guitars. I bought a used 2019 McCarty 594 last year and I'm not even sure I would say it's a "better" guitar.

view
That’s a total beauty! It may seem like sacrilege with the Burstbucker, but they are great pickups. I’ve had a BB3 in my old Les Paul for several years and it’s what a LP is supposed to sound like. A BB2 is more in my wheelhouse now, but I’ve gone with some custom stuff for now.

What gigbag is that?

Anyway, great work!

Glad the picture came through (when I look at the post on my end it doesn't look like it's there). The bridge and switch tip hadn't been done yet when this picture was taken, FYI. As for the pickups, I'm not hardcore into the whole "everything has to be PRS" mindset (hence the tuners). My 2017 ZM has Duncans in it that are also awesome. The Burstbuckers I had put in another guitar that I later sold, so I took them back out before I sold it and had them just sitting on my bench. Way too good to go to waste so I tried 'em in here and they're great.

That is the Gator dual electric gig bag and I LOVE it, probably even more than a hard case. 9 out of 10 gigs I only bring two guitars so I just through my two Zachs in this thing and I'm good to go.

https://www.gatorcases.com/products...ar/dual-electric-guitar-gig-bag-g-pg-elec-2x/

That’s a total beauty! It may seem like sacrilege with the Burstbucker, but they are great pickups. I’ve had a BB3 in my old Les Paul for several years and it’s what a LP is supposed to sound like. A BB2 is more in my wheelhouse now, but I’ve gone with some custom stuff for now.

What gigbag is that?

Anyway, great work!

Back