Tremonti Signature Archon

First I have heard of a 15 watt version.
Would be nice if offered in both a combo and a head version.
If a head version, I would get one.

Correct! I just read in a guitar magazine that our highly anticipated Tremonti signature amp will be a (no kidding!) 15 watts combo that is to be released around March 2017. According to the interview the amp is called PRS MT-15 and it will be around 700 bucks, so it is very likely "Made in China" like the Sonzera amp line.

Correct! I just read in a guitar magazine that our highly anticipated Tremonti signature amp will be a (no kidding!) 15 watts combo that is to be released around March 2017. According to the interview the amp is called PRS MT-15 and it will be around 700 bucks, so it is very likely "Made in China" like the Sonzera amp line.

Sweet! Hopefully they announce this at NAMM although since other things have already leaked you would think that would have leaked already also.

Last edited:
I know I sound like a broken record with the Archon 25... but I sure hope they do this one in a head version. An MIC 15 watt Archon-ish amp for $600 or so could sell like crazy! That would be cheaper than the Mesa stuff and only a little more than the Peavy and other small heads.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prs seems to be a little out of touch IMO
People on this forum have asked for a 25 watt Archon head for 2 years
We get a John Mayer single channel
$6000 amp
And the hi gain Tremonti will be. A
15 watt combo that makes absolutely no sense

$6000 amp

No sense for many of us, sure. But then we are already customers. Looks to me like PRS is trying to grab a new market. I'll bet that in that new market, combos rule, since the cash outlay for separate head and cab are closer to $1k.

Tremonti has said that he wished he could have had a good quality amp for $700 when he was a kid. I thinkn that says it all.

My first two amps were a crappy Gibby SS practice amp and a Peavey Bandit. Who didn't have a Bandit??
Both combos. Both second-hand.

No sense for many of us, sure. But then we are already customers. Looks to me like PRS is trying to grab a new market. I'll bet that in that new market, combos rule, since the cash outlay for separate head and cab are closer to $1k.

Tremonti has said that he wished he could have had a good quality amp for $700 when he was a kid. I thinkn that says it all.

My first two amps were a crappy Gibby SS practice amp and a Peavey Bandit. Who didn't have a Bandit??

I actually never owned a Bandit lol. I owned more classy brand name amps like Crate :p

On a serious note, I owned a Squier BP15 and a Crate XT120R for ages. Finally upgraded to a Mesa Dual Rectifier and Vox NT15C1 a few years back.

$6000 amp

Out of touch? PRS is a premium brand. I'm not sure how a high end signature model makes them out of touch, just because there are some of us here that would like a cheaper version of their cheapest MIA amp. Paul doesn't need to sell a ton of those amps to make it worth it. If he does a 25 watt Archon head, they need to move some of them to make it viable. Personally, I think a head would have sold better from the start, but perspective being 90% of reality, I KNOW I feel that way because I like head/cab setups AND already have the cabs I'd want to go with that 25 watt Archon head. I'm sure guys who prefer combos feel exactly the opposite though.

All my amps were combos up until a few years ago. And I had a Bandit.

Well, I'm kinda bummed now. I guess we'll see whether it turns out to be a combo or not. If it's not what I want, I still have a backup plan.

Last edited:
Uh.... if you're jumping up to that range, look at an Archon.

I'm the same age as Mark. Believe me, you could buy a just about any amp for less than $700 back when we we kids... and they weren't no 15 watt practice amps. :rolleyes: :p:D

I'm surprised this hasn't been announced yet. Seems weird they wouldn't put it out there at NAMM.

Maybe just not leaked yet. I wonder if it bugs the NAMM folks that so much leaks ahead of time now. NAMM is still the first chance (usually) to actually see the stuff, but I'd have to think the 'leaked' announcements take a little of the luster off.

An Archon would be too rich for me. I managed to get the wife to okay the funds for the Runt 20. An Archon would be a few hundred more, used.

FWIW, I've seen used Archon 50 heads go for about the same as (or a little less than) a new Runt 20 head.

I'm the same age as Mark. Believe me, you could buy a just about any amp for less than $700 back when we we kids... and they weren't no 15 watt practice amps. :rolleyes: :p:D

Inflation-adjusted? I agree that $700 would have bee a lot of money then.

In 1990, $380 would have been about the equivalent of $700 now.

Maybe just not leaked yet. I wonder if it bugs the NAMM folks that so much leaks ahead of time now. NAMM is still the first chance (usually) to actually see the stuff, but I'd have to think the 'leaked' announcements take a little of the luster off.

It's a chicken-and-egg thing. If you don't get people interested ahead of time, they won't stop by. I have no doubt that leaks are on-purpose in most cases.

Back