Tremonti Signature Archon

I think the reason for 40 watts
Was likely his clean channel headroom and like Prs wanting something more marketable

I think if any of the better amp companies came out with a "lunchbox+" sized version of their lunchbox amps, they could get some market share. I'd love a 50 watt, 2 6l6 and bigger iron, but otherwise identical version of my Mark V25. OR Mini Rec (sold). They make a 50 watt single rec model but it's in a big head cab.

That said, a 40w Tremonti small head amp could be the reason they've ignored the constant pleas for a 25 watt Archon head. hmmm If so, I'd probably forgive them. :p

Edit to say: The lunchbox amps are really cool and all... until you have to replace a tube. And tube rolling... forget it. The easiest way to replace most of the preamp tubes in my V25 is to remove the amp from the head shell! And if you're going to try to roll a few (tubes, not what you're thinking) you have to leave it out! That's CRAZY. But you realize quickly, that's the tradeoff for that small size. I'd rather they get just a little taller and wider so that AT LEAST you can reach inside and change tubes without dropping the head form the head cab!

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit to say: The lunchbox amps are really cool and all... until you have to replace a tube. And tube rolling... forget it. The easiest way to replace most of the preamp tubes in my V25 is to remove the amp from the head shell! And if you're going to try to roll a few (tubes, not what you're thinking) you have to leave it out! That's CRAZY. But you realize quickly, that's the tradeoff for that small size. I'd rather they get just a little taller and wider so that AT LEAST you can reach inside and change tubes without dropping the head form the head cab!
THD did it right back when they came out with the Univalve. 4 thumb screws and the cage lifted off the top. Learned a good deal about tubes when I had one of those as well.

40 watts is plenty. My go-to is a 40W 1x12. I turn it up to 35-40% at gigs, if that, which is plenty loud and still gets clean. When I had a Super Reverb (40W 4x10), it would easily blow everything away.

I love it when we blather on about a product we’ve never seen, nor heard, nor know anything about!

So I’ll jusy say I’m hoping for a JMOD that’s built in the US shop, that sounds exactly like the expensive one, but costs $500.

They can do that, right? :p

I love it when we blather on about a product we’ve never seen, nor heard, nor know anything about!

So I’ll jusy say I’m hoping for a JMOD that’s built in the US shop, that sounds exactly like the expensive one, but costs $500.

You didn't see? They already had the product release for that. I mean, it was in a dream I had, but that counts.

I know, it’s so fun!

Of course we can. That's what the internet is for! ;)

A couple of other things are trickling out now! I'd bet on NAMM, seeing as it's a signature product.

A couple of other things are trickling out now! I'd bet on NAMM, seeing as it's a signature product.
They never wait til NAMM though, it's always announced before. The Dustie CE and S2 Studio were just announced. I was gonna guess either Friday or Monday.

They never wait til NAMM though, it's always announced before. The Dustie CE and S2 Studio were just announced. I was gonna guess either Friday or Monday.

Well they definitely know that we know now
So if it was a secret that's sort of over

Well they definitely know that we know now
So if it was a secret that's sort of over
Right. I figured Mark being the biggest name of rumored new products, they'd save his for last. Well, unless they do that Mayer played single coil guy(probably not with the S2 Studio release).

Right. I figured Mark being the biggest name of rumored new products, they'd save his for last. Well, unless they do that Mayer played single coil guy(probably not with the S2 Studio release).

Well they did the Se line for electric and acoustic and now the Ce
The only ones left would be new core
(Which I would be crazy excited if the Mark Holcomb became a core model)
And the Tremonti stuff

Back