Tremonti Signature Archon

Sorry if this has been discussed before, I don't browse the forum as much as I used to! But after hearing so many rumors about this for a while now, it looks like it's really going to happen. And at that price point, it's going to be one of those amps that I buy no matter what. GET READY FOR BEDROOM ARCHONS!

Last edited by a moderator:
First I have heard of a 15 watt version.
Would be nice if offered in both a combo and a head version.
If a head version, I would get one.

Yeah, no indication of head or combo. I would probably prefer the head also, but will still buy if it's a combo. My guess is that it will follow the lunchbox trend and be switchable to half the wattage, too.

If I was in the market for a 2-channel amp that does high gain, the Archon is the one I'd be interested in, though I'd probably go for the big one just to have the clean headroom.

Though the 15 watt version would be a crapload of fun!

Sounds like at that price point maybe it will be made overseas? I have no problem with that, anyone that has read my posts knows I love my SE amp. Very glad to see something like that coming back. Hopefully with Mark's help they can get the amps to the level of refinement that the first round were lacking. I would love to see some other lower priced amps for the bedroom crowd, maybe a single channel with a blues and rock vibe.

Not sure where it will be made, but a small amp like that would/could compete with my Mesa Boogie Mark Five 25 perhaps.
That head alone was $1.4K, not cheap, but very well made, and no tube bias required when changing out power tubes as long as they are a matched set.
I never play mine in the 25 watt mode, just the 10 watt mode.
And I can barely take the volume off from zero, it is incredibly loud, but sounds great metal/rock when turned down to a whisper.
Hope the new Archon can do this too.

Finally, I can dream of owning a PRS amp suitable for bedroom practice
let's hope it will be equipped with some sort of headphone or line out for silent recording late at night

Finally, I can dream of owning a PRS amp suitable for bedroom practice
let's hope it will be equipped with some sort of headphone or line out for silent recording late at night

There's always something like a Mesa Cab Clone for that if it isn't.

I don't need such a thing...I don't need such a thing...I don't need such a thing...

In the video it sounds like it is still a fair bit away from production, but man, I'd love to have a small 15w or so Archon to mess with - maybe at work, or to use gigging instead of or in parallel with my acoustic amp using my P24, or maybe just to have in the TV room for noodling/practice/spontaneous stuff.

And $700 for a US-made one isn't out of this world - the 25w Archon has a MAP of $1300 ish, right? Just might need a little less hand-wiring, a bit more auto-populated PCB.

Announcement maybe sooner than later .I saw a guy on you tube make a comment about an overseas built Archon SE type amp ,he mentions announcement is possibly July

I watched his channel and he does tons of PRS stuff ,and also mentioned the New 5153 lunchbox before it was revealed , so i think he is credible ,Phil Knight or something

Summer Namm maybe ??

fingers crossed

Last edited:
Announcement maybe sooner than later .I saw a guy on you tube make a comment about an overseas built Archon SE type amp ,he mentions announcement is possibly July

I watched his channel and he does tons of PRS stuff ,and also mentioned the New 5153 lunchbox before it was revealed , so i think he is credible ,Phil Knight or something

Summer Namm maybe ??

fingers crossed

Link?

Back