Tremonti SE Wiring HELP

RichBark

Good Day folks. I just got my 2021 Tremonti SE. WOW! I LOVE it but.... I cannot leave well enough alone. I ordered PRS push pull pots to split the bridge coil (I understand that is the only one I can split). I am simply NOT understanding how I need to wire it. I have opened the cavity and documented all the current wires Can anyone point me in the right direction, or correct me if I cannot split the coils?
Here is what I am finding:

Bridge Pickup Volume Pot:
Red & Black Wires Taped off.
White Wire to Volume Pot Left tab
Dark gray/Black wire to Volume Pot Casing

Bridge Pickup Tone Pot:
Green Coax - Outer Braided Wire connects Volume Pot Casing to Tone Pot Casing, White wire Connects White from Pickup to Center tab on Tone pot
0.022UF capacitor from left tab to Pot case

Neck Pickup Volume Pot:
Green and White Wires Taped Off
Black Wire To Volume Pot Left Tab
Dark Gray/Black Wire to Volume Pot Casing

Neck Pickup Tone Pot:
Green Coax - Outer Braided Wire connects Volume Pot Casing to Tone Pot Casing, White wire Connects White from Pickup to Center tab on Tone pot
0.022UF capacitor from left tab to Pot case

I have a drawing, but I cannot figure out how to post it. Does it sound like my pickups are coil split capable?
If so, does anyone have a simple diagram on what wire to connect where on the push pull Pots?

Any help is much appreciate.

Thanks in advance.

Rich

Seems like both of your pickups have 4 wires, so they are both splitable

Last edited:
Thank you MKK205. For some reason I seemed to think that four wire humbuckers actually have 5 wires - 4 signal and 1 ground. I appreciate your clarifying that for me. Now I just need to figure out the proper wire connections for splitting.

Thanks dsenoj - I found the wiring diagram. It matches up to my had drawn diagram I made of my wiring. Now just need to figure out the new Push Pull Pot connections. I may have to order a couple resisters and capacitors as well.

All pickup manufacturers (e.g. Seymour Duncan or Bareknuckle) offer wiring diagrams for EVERY possible configuration.

Just look for a diagram with two humbuckers and push/pull either on the tone or the volume pots.

Last edited:
I guess I could use some advice. I have found a couple diagrams, but seems like a good majority of them have push/pull volume. Is that the norm? Looks like it might be easier to wire than push/pull tone.

I think I got it. any chance someone could verify this is correct - before I blow up my pickups :)
tremontiwiring.jpg

for those who would like to know - It works perfectly wired as above. Sounds great, although as expected, there is a slight volume drop when splitting - easily remedied by a volume pedal..or modifying above wiring to be a partial split.
I will split neck at a later time and report back

Back