Tremonti SE pot adjustment help

Christopher Rich

Hi everyone,
I am in need of some help and advice; the pots on my Tremonti SE custom sit quite high away from the body of the guitar. This is not the case on my Custom 24, where they are quite flush. Do I need to adjust the high ones or are they ok? If I do need to lower them, what's the best way to go about this?
I can't figure out how to post an image, but there is about 1cm of clearance between the pot and the body of the guitar, which is far too much I think.
wCqvRfY

Last edited:
No need to adjust the height, unless it bothers you. To adjust the height, remove the knob, unscrew the nut, pull the pot out of the hole and add a few washers, or another nut, over the threads and reassemble.

iu

Your image:
T5F11ei.jpg

Yep, remove back plate to access the pot shaft once the pot is removed. Put washers, or nut, on before putting the pot back in the hole.You should be able to just pull the knob off by hand. If it is really tight, put a rag over the body, around the knob and use a couple of spoons as levers to pry the knob off.

I actually have a special tool to remove knobs.

schatten-knob-and-bushing-puller.jpg

https://www.stewmac.com/luthier-too...pulling/schatten-knob-and-bushing-puller.html

Thanks, will I need to remove the back plate for this? What is the best way to remove the knob without scratching the body?
Another good way to get the knobs off is with a shoe lace, or some thick string. You put the shoe lace between the knob and the body, wrap it once, and pull the shoe lace straight up.

Yep, remove back plate to access the pot shaft once the pot is removed. Put washers, or nut, on before putting the pot back in the hole.You should be able to just pull the knob off by hand. If it is really tight, put a rag over the body, around the knob and use a couple of spoons as levers to pry the knob off.

I actually have a special tool to remove knobs.

schatten-knob-and-bushing-puller.jpg

https://www.stewmac.com/luthier-too...pulling/schatten-knob-and-bushing-puller.html

Knob Puller?! The guy at Stew-Mac chuckled the day he uploaded this!

Back