Tremonti SE Custom

drinkitup02

I was thinking about picking up this guitar and I'm kind of new to playing. I was wondering if trems are a pain for alternate tunings ?

Also any know the nut width on these? I prefer it to be wider since I got fat fingers hehe

Last edited:
It is a sweet guitar, I have the USA version and this holds up! I would recommend a nut and tuners change. And yes, the Tremonti SE Custom will work for a lot of tunings, comes with an extra spring for the trem. Its a wide thin neck that's really nice.

It is a sweet guitar, I have the USA version and this holds up! I would recommend a nut and tuners change. And yes, the Tremonti SE Custom will work for a lot of tunings, comes with an extra spring for the trem. Its a wide thin neck that's really nice.

I heard the cover is not in the back of the wood, it sits on top?

What is the cover you guys are talking about? Was thinking of getting one of these since I wasn't able to get the se custom 24 that I wanted.

I do not even notice the tremolo cover on the back of mine.
Makes no difference to me if it sits on top or is recessed, plays and feels great.

I wouldn't let the back cover bother you one bit.

Sure, it's less 'clean' looking than you'd get on a US PRS but seriously, it's a minor detail. If you bought a Strat you'd have the cover sat on the top surface. Owned Strats for years and it's never once bothered me... Can't even feel it.

@Drastion...

YOu've given up on the C24? Could you not find anyone to deliver to the US?

Yeah conacted prs or at least their prs distributor. They had none so no purple burst for me.Unless I bought from a UK dealer. Paying an extra $300 for a different color would be silly. Purple must be popular in the uk. There are 4 of them and they all look so darn nice.

They got a pretty sweet deal on a 2012 sg 61 reissue like CoreyT has might get that. Just not sure about having a guitar with a nitro finish.

Then down the road maybe get my purple fix with one of these.

al3100mnpurplequilt1.jpg

al3110tribalpurple1.jpg

Last edited:
Don't notice the cover on mine either. No problem here.

No problems here either.
I just bought both, an SE Tremonti Custom and an SE 245.
My only complaints would be that the nuts are too sharp and often cut too narrow for the width of the neck.
And I wish the design of the SE tuners were such that the phase II tuners were direct replacements.
All in all, these are really petty complaints considering the overall quality of these guitars for what you pay for, IMO.

These new SE's are really AWESOME guitars. :rock:

No problems here either.
I just bought both, an SE Tremonti Custom and an SE 245.
My only complaints would be that the nuts are too sharp and often cut too narrow for the width of the neck.
And I wish the design of the SE tuners were such that the phase II tuners were direct replacements.
All in all, these are really petty complaints considering the overall quality of these guitars for what you pay for, IMO.

These new SE's are really AWESOME guitars. :rock:
And here are the Schaller Locking Tuners installed. Straight drop-ins with no modifications.
603056_482137061843886_1089222135_n.jpg
554561_482137051843887_2048073660_n.jpg

Here's some pics from another post I did.

Nice tuners, I have a new Custom SE too and I love it! Which model tuners are they, need to get some myself! Having owned a USA Tremonti not long ago but forced to sell, I can vouch for these guitars. Play extremely well and I know it has been mentioned, but the rear plate makes no difference! Will upgrade these tuners and replace he pickups - bet a lot of guitar for the money!

Here's some pics from another post I did.

Thanks for the pics.
I remember seeing them in another thread.
They look great however, I really prefer and have already purchased a set of phase II tuners.
Not a big deal. I've got some experience doing refins and finish repairs so I'm pretty confident I'll be able to plug the existing holes to where it's not that noticable.

I'll also be replacing the SE245 pickups with a set of 1985 Treble/Bass Reissues.
If they sound anything like the pickups in my '86 CU24, it's going to be a beast. :rock:

Nice tuners, I have a new Custom SE too and I love it! Which model tuners are they, need to get some myself! Having owned a USA Tremonti not long ago but forced to sell, I can vouch for these guitars. Play extremely well and I know it has been mentioned, but the rear plate makes no difference! Will upgrade these tuners and replace he pickups - bet a lot of guitar for the money!
I got them from Musician's Friend. Here's the link to them: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/schaller-locking-tuning-machine-heads-3-per-side

I've been GASSIN for this guitar, but keep debating this or an LP. I toyed with the Tremonti SE (non custom) in the store and I'm not sure if I dig the neck compared to an LP. The PRS SE 245 look's nice as well but why don't they allow you to adjust intonation? Oh wait, I think you can on the back of the stoptail

Also are the PRS tuners worth it or the Schaller's nice?

Last edited:
Back