Tremonti SE Custom SE245 differences

drinkitup02

I've been looking at the SE245 lately.

Is the wood pretty much the same but with a 24.5" scale vs a 25" ? Also they have different pups and that's about it?

Same pups, as the new Tremonti Custom has the 245s in it.
And of course the up routed tremolo.

I am finding I like the 25" scale better than the 24.5" scale.

Best thing to do is play them both at a store if you can.

PS, here is a good vid that demos both.
They do make a few verbal mistakes though in the vid.
They state the Tremonti has the same tremolo system as the other SEs, not true.
Read the specs on PRS's Products page, it is more like the USA version.

And they state it has a wide/fat neck, again not true.
It is the wide/thin neck.
The UL version means they have two colors in the UK we do not get in the USA.
That would be purple and the Cherry color.

Last edited by a moderator:
I own both and they're both very different guitars.
Both have the SE245 pickups and thick mahogany bodys with maple caps but that's where the similarities end.
The SE245 is 24.5" scale, has a wide/fat neck carve, and a wraparound tailpiece.
The Tremonti SE Custom is 25" scale, has a wide/thin neck carve, and a trem with an uproute.
Each guitar has a very unique feel but both are very comfortable, IMO.

If I could only choose one, it would be a very difficult decision, but I think I'd go with the Tremonti SE Custom.
The more I play the wide/thin neck, the more I really like it. I also like the option of having a trem.
But I strongly suggest you check em out for yourself.
They're both really great guitars, IMO.

DSC09150.jpg

Last edited:
I own both and they're both very different guitars.
Both have the SE245 pickups and thick mahogany bodys with maple caps but that's where the similarities end.
The SE245 is 24.5" scale, has a wide/fat neck carve, and a wraparound tailpiece.
The Tremonti SE Custom is 25" scale, has a wide/thin neck carve, and a trem with an uproute.
Each guitar has a very unique feel but both are very comfortable, IMO.

If I could only choose one, it would be a very difficult decision, but I think I'd go with the Tremonti SE Custom.
The more I play the wide/thin neck, the more I really like it. I also like the option of having a trem.
But I strongly suggest you check em out for yourself.
They're both really great guitars, IMO.

DSC09150.jpg

I guess I can get both and problem solved. :)

I can't find one in a local store to play. I kind of have small fingers/hands and Les Pauls fit me very well. I tried the Tremonti SE (old model) and it was a bit harder for me to play.

Is the wide thin neck on the Tremonti SE Custom much better? I'm GASSIN for this guitar bad and hesitating ordering it online since I might not be happy with the neck.

I can tell you I much prefer the wide/thin neck of my SE Custom 24 and SE Tremonti Custom over the wide/fat neck of my SE Santana which has the same neck as the SE 245.
Take a chance and order the SE Tremonti Custom :D

Based on the SE Mark Tremonti, designed and built to Mark’s specifications, the SE Tremonti Custom trades a mahogany body and neck for a figured maple top and maple neck, providing a new aesthetic and feel for this popular model. The addition of trem-up-rout to the PRS designed tremolo bridge (previously only available on the Core Tremonti model) is also a welcome addition. The Tremonti Custom continues to feature two humbuckers, each with their own volume and tone control, and a three-way pickup selector on the upper bout.
Through his solo work and as the lead guitarist of Alter Bridge and Creed, Mark Tremonti has made a name for himself as a heavy rock player with melodic strength. The SE Tremonti Custom, like the SE Mark Tremonti before it, provides a quality, powerful single-cutaway guitar for guitarists ready to rock.

SE MARK TREMONTI CUSTOM MODEL SPECS
BODY
Top Wood Beveled Maple with Flame Maple Veneer
Back Wood Mahogany
NECK
Number of Frets 22
Scale Length 25"
Neck Wood Maple
Fretboard Wood Rosewood
Neck Shape Wide Thin
Fretboard Inlays Birds
HARDWARE/ELECTRONICS
Bridge PRS Designed Trem-Up Rout
Tuners PRS Designed Tuners
Truss Rod Cover "PRS"
Hardware Type Nickel
Treble Pickup PRS Designed SE 245 Treble Humbucker
Bass Pickup PRS Designed SE 245 Bass Humbucker
Pickup Switching Volume and Tone Control for Each Pickup with 3-Way Toggle Pickup Selector On Upper Bout

Back