Tremonti project

What next.....

• Use it as fuel to toast marshmallows

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep it. In its case. And never speak of it again.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I might have to be playing the forum brother card in a few weeks time, if I have no luck tracing one!;)

I had no idea they were so hard to find now, I've just had a look online and can't find one outside the States. What's that all about?

I also have a trimonti custom brand new grey black. I like the ax but, if any what pick ups would you put in it to make it really hot.
and to make other people think its cool not just me. I like lindy fralins and seymore duncans..
please let me know .some opinions.
I put USA Mira pickups on my Tremonti SE Custom. I'm gonna make it scream tonight. They also sound great clean.

I was hoping to see a little more of this process, if you have any more pics?

QMldZ6N.jpg

Hello all, apologies for leaving you in potential suspense for months....

So, where was I? Oh yeh, about to ruin my work. :confused:

The back of the body was in a real bad way, so I carefully sanded it down to get the masses of scratches out. Then, carefully :( blew it over with a coat of lacquer, ready to polish and make it all shiny shiny shiny. All good, until i turned it over, the front of the body was now covered in a cocktail of lacquer, dust and sawdust. And my tears.
I left it a while, deciding what to do to recover my absolute incompetence, finally deciding on attempting to recover the situation. Gently sanding the mess in the worst areas, I tried to remove the sawdust and gunk, but despite the patience of a saint I couldn't recover it. Ruined.

Now I was faced with another decision.....start ALL over again with the sanding, staining, sanding, staining, lacquer, sanding.......or.......(i'm so sorry) relic the sh** out of it. Now I know this is an emotive subject, but my logic was either relic it and use it as a workhorse if I liked the result enough, or, relic it and if I didn't like it start again and no harm done. So, back to the workshop to beat-up my hard work. Not a nice feeling at all, but my logic allowed me to, well, attack a PRS.:eek:

So, let me get my photos loaded onto Imgur, and they'll be right here for your thoughts......be gentle....

Last edited:
Back