Tremonti project

What next.....

• Use it as fuel to toast marshmallows

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep it. In its case. And never speak of it again.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I bought this Tremonti SE for a steal a while ago, with a view to either restoring it, refinishing it, or just playing it depending on the actual condition when received.

When I received it, it was in a bit of a sorry state.
Someone had tried to give it a satin finish by rubbing it down, unfortunately rubbing through the veneer. So I assume in an effort to recover the mistake, the damage was stained which made it worse as the colour didn't match. It also had a slightly sanded 'satin' neck.
The aftermarket locking tuners were damaged, it had a PS sticker over a badly painted damaged headstock, a trem block (a block of wood), no trem arm, a Tusq nut, aftermarket knobs (which I actually like) and was fitted with Duncan and Dimarzio pickups and a coil tap to the tone pot.
Man! Some people shouldn't be allowed to handle tools... of any type.:eek:

Yes, indeed I do...don't let the smile lull you into a false sense of safety...that's how she got me...cropped out the butcher knife...see the uncanny resemblance?

https://imgur.com/a/Nzbgr
Don’t you dare repeat this to her!

I looked at the photo and I heard -

“Hey Scotty, do you want your boat back?”

:eek::confused:

Sorry all!! :confused: That wasn't an intentional teaser, I got called away with work....anwyay....I'm back....

So, I took the veneer completely off and this is what was underneath....

ny1IVgH.jpg

sAKZPqp.jpg

As you can see, two of the pieces of mahogany are of similar grain, and one is quite different. Sad times for creating a nice uniformed top.

Time to consider my options: paint the top a solid colour, paint the top a crazy design or airbrush it, get one of those full body decals, stain it one dark colour, stain it a translucent colour or stain it with a burst type finish. o_O

Sorry all!! :confused: That wasn't an intentional teaser, I got called away with work....anwyay....I'm back....

So, I took the veneer completely off and this is what was underneath....

ny1IVgH.jpg

sAKZPqp.jpg

As you can see, two of the pieces of mahogany are of similar grain, and one is quite different. Sad times for creating a nice uniformed top.

Time to consider my options: paint the top a solid colour, paint the top a crazy design or airbrush it, get one of those full body decals, stain it one dark colour, stain it a translucent colour or stain it with a burst type finish. o_O
There’s some very nice veneers out there for not a lot of pennies and probably cheaper than several layers of paint.

Just saying “for a friend” :D

Back