Tremonti project

What next.....

• Use it as fuel to toast marshmallows

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep it. In its case. And never speak of it again.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

davegixer

Stepping away from the sandpaper
I bought this Tremonti SE for a steal a while ago, with a view to either restoring it, refinishing it, or just playing it depending on the actual condition when received.

When I received it, it was in a bit of a sorry state.
Someone had tried to give it a satin finish by rubbing it down, unfortunately rubbing through the veneer. So I assume in an effort to recover the mistake, the damage was stained which made it worse as the colour didn't match. It also had a slightly sanded 'satin' neck.
The aftermarket locking tuners were damaged, it had a PS sticker over a badly painted damaged headstock, a trem block (a block of wood), no trem arm, a Tusq nut, aftermarket knobs (which I actually like) and was fitted with Duncan and Dimarzio pickups and a coil tap to the tone pot.

WCzoicc.jpg

kl5UzPF.jpg

EsPhfG0.jpg

rnXhivg.jpg

ihFJvZf.jpg

aitxJt1.png

C3oIopv.jpg

gl9yaUr.jpg

hz9s0gJ.jpg

naxAte5.jpg

Last edited:
Right, to the body.
I sanded a bit of the veneer back to see what the mahogany looked like underneath...

RWYgPG9.jpg

And thought it looked decent enough to sacrifice the (ruined) veneer.
I was aware these were three piece bodies, did I have some nice consistent grain under there?

Only one way to find out....

QMldZ6N.jpg

Last edited:
Are the photos not showing?

Unfortunately, no....ever since Photobucket started doing that "charging you to store photos" deal, they won't show up for people who haven't subscribed to their service. I had to move all my stuff over to imgur.

This sounds like a super-cool project, though!!!

Just in case you're wondering, this is what all the photos look like on the page.
IMG_7065.png

Unfortunately, no....ever since Photobucket started doing that "charging you to store photos" deal, they won't show up for people who haven't subscribed to their service. I had to move all my stuff over to imgur.

This sounds like a super-cool project, though!!!

Balls. I've never paid for photobucket.
Any recommendations, and I'll change the photo storage site before I go any further?

Hopefully you can see them now and I haven't completely messed it up!?

If all's good I'll add more tomorrow.

You sir are a braver man than me...anxious to see how it turns out! Thanks for sharing the progress!

Back