TREMONTI pickups for my S-2 singlecut semi hollow

tonytester

PIC YOUR STRINGS WISELY
I have an s2 single cut . and thought I would up grade the pickups to tremonti's
would the price of this be worth while or should I look for a used tremonti.

any input on different pickups would be appreciated .
or any other info on an upgrade.

thanks

truth is I just thought people would think it was cooler with more expensive (better sounding ?) pickups.

I'd do it, but Tremonti is my spirit animal. Best advice is to try out a guitar with Tremonti's in them and see if YOU like the sound.

Really depends on what sound you’re after. Tremonti pickups in a semi hollow will be cool I’m sure, although maybe not something that would make it sound like the full on Tremonti guitar. It’ll still have the semi hollow character to the tone, just hotter output - maybe a little tonal shift, but not a ton. A lot of that Tremonti sound comes from the solid body, and IMO the trem bridge influences tone a great deal too.

I have both. 2 different animals with 2 different neck profiles so something to consider even before you plug in if you decide to switch. Are you happy with S2 neck profile? Tremonti's a bit thinner.

As andy474x said, putting Tremonti pickups in an SCSH fixed bridge won't make it sound like a Tremonti solid body/trem.

Is the assumption you play heavier hi gain music? Style? Amp?
I'm a big fan of Bare Knuckles for a variety of my guitars.

thanks guys . I guess i'm just looking for a better line of pickups. don't really need them.
My s2 sounds ok the way it is.

Back