Tremonti interview - Talks about the MT100

“So it’s going to be a three-channel amp and each of the three channels are going to be completely separate from one another. There’s not going to be anything that goes in-between them. It’s going to be awesome and I’m just waiting until it’s 100%. We’re three quarters of the way there."
“The Dumble thing is something where you need to play on one for a couple of hours before you get what it’s all about. Once your mind is opened up to what you’re going for one that amp, it’s a magical thing. I had a Dumble years ago that I had that moment on and ever since then I’ve just been way into the boutique amps. And I’ve Bludotones and Van Weeldens; all the Dumble-style amps. And I just didn’t want to overlook that when it came to this amp because they just bring something different out of you." - Tremonti

That is exciting, I am looking forward to hearing the mid-gain channel in his writing/recording!

Do we think this is likely to be US-made or import? Trying to gauge a price point i.e. closer to MT15 ballpark, or US-made, high-end, big price tag?

Do we think this is likely to be US-made or import? Trying to gauge a price point i.e. closer to MT15 ballpark, or US-made, high-end, big price tag?
I have no doubt it will be made in the US. As far as price, I'd imagine between $2,500 - $3,500. For the head. Maybe a little more. A Diezel Herbert 3 channel is $3,800 for the head. So...

I'd like to see it as a USA made amp. The MT15 is great for the studio and gigging, so it's not like there's a hole in capability if you can't afford a USA made MT100.

That being said, I'm happy to hear about a third channel, because the MT15 does clean and mean very well, but doesn't have much in between. Also, if it were USA made, hopefully the quality would be such that they can cut down on the noise issues that some of the MT15 units had.

I'd like to see it as a USA made amp. The MT15 is great for the studio and gigging, so it's not like there's a hole in capability if you can't afford a USA made MT100.

That being said, I'm happy to hear about a third channel, because the MT15 does clean and mean very well, but doesn't have much in between. Also, if it were USA made, hopefully the quality would be such that they can cut down on the noise issues that some of the MT15 units had.
I honestly can't imagine that it won't be a USA made amp. I also agree on all your points regarding the MT15.

I'm also glad it's now a 3 channel amp. I was a little disappointed for a while looking at the early prototypes and seeing two channels. 3 channels will offer players alot more versatility. While I have mostly become 100% a Kemper user, I will definitely get the MT100 when released.. but just so it's little buddy, the MT15 doesn't feel lonely ;)

I honestly can't imagine that it won't be a USA made amp. I also agree on all your points regarding the MT15.

I'm also glad it's now a 3 channel amp. I was a little disappointed for a while looking at the early prototypes and seeing two channels. 3 channels will offer players alot more versatility. While I have mostly become 100% a Kemper user, I will definitely get the MT100 when released.. but just so it's little buddy, the MT15 doesn't feel lonely ;)

That third channel was a good move for everyone, honestly if it were just a sized up version of the 15 with no additional features, I might not buy it, just because the 15 is already so good at what it does.

I doubt it’ll be made in the US.

I think the most likely is that it's an import amp, but then again, there is a pretty large hole in the USA lineup right now, especially with the Archon MkII being made overseas. Who knows for sure, but we can hope, right?

That third channel was a good move for everyone, honestly if it were just a sized up version of the 15 with no additional features, I might not buy it, just because the 15 is already so good at what it does.

I think the most likely is that it's an import amp, but then again, there is a pretty large hole in the USA lineup right now, especially with the Archon MkII being made overseas. Who knows for sure, but we can hope, right?
You said it perfect. There wouldn't be much lust for a 100W 2 channel model when the MT15 is plenty loud.

But the third channel makes sense, since Mark was using a 3 channel Recto for a long time.

All signs are pointing towards it being manufactured in the US. . The Archon moved to being an import. The gap left from that move. And the addition of the third channel. I would be highly surprised if it does end up being an import.

3 channels that are completely independent? Yep that seals the deal. I'm getting one. It might be years, but I will eventually have one.

If the middle channel is as good as I'm dreaming, I'll be able to sell the archon and the Kingsley page. And I don't even have the page yet! I'm still on the wait list.

When a new amp comes out how likely is it to be completely free of flaws? I'm thinking of how the Archon had the effects loop issue for the first few years.

Back