Tremonti Baritone Hybrid Review

Utkarsh

Ministry of guitar
Hi folks,

Hope you have all been well Firstly apologies that I haven't been active in a while. Been house hunting, then shifting and everything that comes along with that.

That said, I have a nice new studio space to play guitar and shoot videos, and a beautiful new Tremonti Baritone I picked up about 8 months ago. These came in six colours, but dark cherry sunburst wasn't one of them. It was a one off custom colour for this model so I was quite chuffed to have it. Also nothing quite like playing drop A riffs in a guitar that resembles a 50s burst at first glance.

Here are my thoughts, in video as well as prose. If you are too lazy to read/ watch :), essentially I love the guitar and think it's a wonderful if more traditional alternative to the Holcomb, for that metal rhythm player

https://www.ministryofguitar.com/post/prs-tremonti-baritone-hybrid-artist-pack

I have one of these guitars and LOVE it. Technically, it's a semi-baritone as it's tuned to C#, but still a great guitar. Thanks for sharing your video on it.

Technically - with 25.5" scale its not a baritone at all. It's as much baritone as Silver Sky is
Yeah the misnomer continues to amuse. The only thing I'll say is the guitar's parts (saddles, nut width, tuner post )are designed for thicker strings so it's much easier to tune to lower tunings than a standard guitar

I have one of these guitars and LOVE it. Technically, it's a semi-baritone as it's tuned to C#, but still a great guitar. Thanks for sharing your video on it.

Yeah the misnomer continues to amuse. The only thing I'll say is the guitar's parts (saddles, nut width, tuner post )are designed for thicker strings so it's much easier to tune to lower tunings than a standard guitar

Yeah, thats fine. It still doesn't make it a bariton guitar.

I'm a big fan of Marks music (both in Alter Bridge and his solo project), I see Paul Reed as a visionary builder but this is a bit... you know...

Yeah, thats fine. It still doesn't make it a bariton guitar.

I'm a big fan of Marks music (both in Alter Bridge and his solo project), I see Paul Reed as a visionary builder but this is a bit... you know...
Agree. Baritone is not the right name

Back