Tremonti Baritone Hybrid Limited Run

Yeah, that jade...has me green with envy. I need another green guitar, and since I have a CU24 in Emerald Green, that means Jade, Leprechaun's Tooth, Evergreen, and Eriza Verde, plus all the fades, are looking very appealing right now...

Then I think you should order it. You know you deserve it. If you don't you are going to feel really bad when the NGDs appear and you haven't got one. Imagine how it would look hanging next to a shillelagh in the dimming of the day this coming Spring. Try to picture yourself opening the case for the first time and there it is, and it is all yours. Anyway, I am really looking forward to seeing the demos and reviews for this model. Country music has never had it so good.

Then I think you should order it. You know you deserve it. If you don't you are going to feel really bad when the NGDs appear and you haven't got one. Imagine how it would look hanging next to a shillelagh in the dimming of the day this coming Spring. Try to picture yourself opening the case for the first time and there it is, and it is all yours. Anyway, I am really looking forward to seeing the demos and reviews for this model. Country music has never had it so good.
hah, if I had the funds handy I might consider it, but I just dropped a bunch of cash on tickets for a festival next year, and I have this wedding thing happening in just under a couple of months...

Posted this in the General Discussion thread as well - but in this video at around 5 minutes in, Tremonti shows his in Drop C with an 11-62 set. Which means the Core model is basically tuned only a half step lower (from drop C to C# to C#), but the bottom string goes from 11 to 14 gauge.

So I have officially ordered one of these. I requested from my Dealer to Install 11-62 Strings on this because I want the unwound G on this for soloing. I think .62 is plenty low for drop B tuning. My opinion. If someone from PRS reads this, I'd like to be contacted to have you guys set this guitar up for me & that way I know it's legit since it's on order. Thanks. BTW. I got Copperhead color. I have too many black , Charcoal & Charcoal Burst guitars. Really Really Really wish I could get a ebony board on this. Would have completed my all time dream.

So I have officially ordered one of these. I requested from my Dealer to Install 11-62 Strings on this because I want the unwound G on this for soloing. I think .62 is plenty low for drop B tuning. My opinion. If someone from PRS reads this, I'd like to be contacted to have you guys set this guitar up for me & that way I know it's legit since it's on order. Thanks. BTW. I got Copperhead color. I have too many black , Charcoal & Charcoal Burst guitars. Really Really Really wish I could get a ebony board on this. Would have completed my all time dream.
The G on this baritone IS unwound by spec. Their .014s for this guitar come stock with the G unwound. FYI. You win either way.

Has anyone noticed they changed the colors now available for this guitar & copperhead is not shown in the color wheel. I feel special now because that's what I ordered. Hope they don't call to cancel on me.

Wow, am I the first one to point out that Tony Iommi tuned to C# on an SG? 14-68 is huge for 25.5" scale. I have happily tuned to C# on a Strat with 11-54. Sounded killer.

Paul is pretty much right about Band of Gypsys. They somehow landed a shade north of D. You won't get there with a tuner; you have to tune to Jimi. He was known to play 10-38 gauge.

So I requested mine to be setup with 11-62 gauge to a drop B tuning.

So we'all see how that goes.

Wow, am I the first one to point out that Tony Iommi tuned to C# on an SG? 14-68 is huge for 25.5" scale. I have happily tuned to C# on a Strat with 11-54. Sounded killer.
There is a tendency for folks to want to maintain or even tighten up string tension with the lower tunings. The best way to do that is a combo of longer scale and thicker strings, but yeah, in theory, if you are careful enough, you can tune any normal guitar with 10s down almost an octave. The strings just get real floppy.

My baritones, with 14-68s on a 27.7" tuning start to feel floppy when I tune them down below A. But that is probably due to the feel I am used to with a Baritone as-shipped tuned to B - that higher tension is what my hands expect to feel - it is about 60% higher on average than a regular guitar, according to D'Addario's String tension Pro site (very useful tool).

http://www.stringtensionpro.com/

27.7" Baritone tuned to B with 14-68 ranges from 19.5 to 32.8 lbs
Regular 25" scale guitar with 10-46 ranges from 14.8 to 18.3 lbs

This new hybrid baritone has tensions ranging from 20.9 to 35 lbs in stock form. If anything, it is well suited to an even lower tuning, all the way to B (16.6 to 27.8 lbs tension), or a lighter set of strings if desired, say 12-60, which results in 16.2 to 21.7 lbs.

So Neidig's requested set-up sounds like a good guitar-like tension.

Back