Tremonti Baritone Hybrid Limited Run

I'm not versed on which scale length corresponds to what, but 25.5" is considered baritone? I always thought it was 26.5" and longer. 25.5" is just the regular Stratocaster scale length, right? Am I missing something?

Baritone is usually a B standard tuning, AFAIK. Although longer scale length can be typical, it isn't a requirement, per se. It just makes it easier to attain the tuning on normal thickness strings.

To me this is almost a pseudo-baritone, half-way between normal tuning and baritone. But that's cool! And maybe it tunes down to B standard just fine too...

They refer to it as a hybrid. If this thing had an ebony board, I'd already have put a down payment on it.

I'm not versed on which scale length corresponds to what, but 25.5" is considered baritone? I always thought it was 26.5" and longer. 25.5" is just the regular Stratocaster scale length, right? Am I missing something?

I was thinking the same thing, but seeing as this is longer than the normal PRS scale, I can kinda see why they call it a Hybrid Baritone. Although the string it comes with could be used to fix a broken cable on a bridge lol.

:eek: .014 - .068 strings?!?! It's only tuned down 3 notes, holy cow

Just bought another guitar last week, so when I saw the announcement my first thought was that this comes a week too late.

But since it has only 0.5" more scale length, I'll stick with my SC250. That sounds great in all drop tunings (I went as low as Drop B).

Cool guitar though!

Due to common sense a baritone scale starts at 27".
I have no clue if the attribute "hybrid" means that all the beneficiaries of a "real" baritone regarding dropped and low tunings have been implemented at 25,5" scale (This is obviously a very common and standard scale for many competitors. That said, my Parker would be a baritone aswell ;-)). From my perspective PRS only changed the position of the bridge to a certain extend, everything else is commercial off the shelf, besides wood selection...

The core issue should be the tonal behaviour. If this certain model is good as "classic" baritones, everything is good.

Last edited:
Yeah I think so. If a 25.5 inches-scale PRS supposed to be called 'baritone', so why not Mark Holcomb medel?

Appears to be a SE beside him in the video based on the lettering on the back of the headstock. Wonder if it's coincidence or he also filmed a SE video at the same time...

So Fenders were baritone all this time?? :confused:o_O:rolleyes:
FTFY
Due to common sense a baritone scale starts at 27".
Yeah, I would agree that this isn't a true baritone, but that it is another model oriented towards drop-tuning. They should probably drop that from its nomenclature for risk of drawing derision and scorn* on the part of players actually familiar with baritones. I got a 28" baritone and my friend said that that was fairly short, 30" is typical.

*To be clear, not me, I'm still a newb and still learning, but also I understand physics and understand how you can drop to baritone tuning without having such a long scale, but I'm already anticipating my friend getting all red-faced and hand-wavy when I tell him that PRS came out with a 25.5" baritone.

Last edited:
I suppose it's just not a common scale length in singlecut guitars as they're usually around 24.75.

As I stated: If it works, why not. And foremost: Mr. Tremonti approved it for his style of playing/tuning.
And I assume: it fits in a standard case or bag.

When I read baritone, I think of the SE 277 (27.7" scale length). Label aside, this guitar is very appealing to me. I would mostly use it in standard tuning with 10s or 11s, where the extra tension from the longer scale would be nice. Any more I'm just not that much of a slinky, bendy player. Melodic, chug, shred. :)

I'd prefer a Pattern Regular neck too. But it's a limited run so I guess l understand the limited neck choice.

On colors, if I didn't own any PRS guitars, I'd be all over the Jade. But since I've got Obsidian and Elephant Grey already, then either the Copperhead or Black Wraparound Burst are calling to me.

Back