Tremonti 7 String

Kyloc Armis

story.php
I saw this on Alter Bridge's Facebook from early December. Am I the only one that is praying this becomes a limited run like they did with his baritone? I'e wanted a 7 string PRS singlecut for pretty much my entire guitar playing life.

I have no idea how to post images so see the link above. A few different color options if it becomes a run and I would likely buy multiple.

Is it just me or does it look like it has a super wide bout...which is fine, I'm all about bout.

Yeah, this makes my willpower - and knees - a little weak.

I wonder what kind of scale length he's rocking. The normal 25 inch? His "baritone" 25.5? Or maybe the 26.5 like the new SE 7's (which are freaking awesome BTW)

That pretty sick. I'd be curious to know what type of interest is required for something like this to be a special run.

That pretty sick. I'd be curious to know what type of interest is required for something like this to be a special run.
I feel like there would be far more interest for a USA 7 string than there was for his "baritone" hybrid

Man...how sweet would it be to be able to order this! I really hope, if it becomes available, that it has a 26.5" scale length...I could use a 2nd Tremonti after seeing this!!!

I only know of the one recorded song across all of his bands that was recorded using a seven string. With the timing of the guitar, I'd bet we see a song or two on his upcoming Tremonti album with a 7. That being said, I just don't think even he uses a seven string enough to warrant a production guitar. My guess is that this was built so he could stop using the SE 7 when he plays that one song live. Hopefully I'm wrong though! Personally, I'd rather see a double-cut core 7 production guitar.

Edit: Forgot to say how awesome this guitar is though!... especially in that Holcomb Burst... beautiful.

I only know of the one recorded song across all of his bands that was recorded using a seven string. With the timing of the guitar, I'd bet we see a song or two on his upcoming Tremonti album with a 7. That being said, I just don't think even he uses a seven string enough to warrant a production guitar. My guess is that this was built so he could stop using the SE 7 when he plays that one song live. Hopefully I'm wrong though! Personally, I'd rather see a double-cut core 7 production guitar.

Edit: Forgot to say how awesome this guitar is though!... especially in that Holcomb Burst... beautiful.
...but a 7 string single cut would be pretty sick! How do you like your KM-7 MKII? Been thinking about taking the plunge soon once a good used one becomes available...

How do you like your KM-7 MKII? Been thinking about taking the plunge soon once a good used one becomes available
I have sold it. It was a beautiful guitar, but I liked looking at it more than I liked playing it, so it didn't stick around (it was the only non-PRS I had). Great guitar.

Unless something has changed recently, he had been using a black 7 string singlecut made specially for him. Never seen him with an SE.

Unless something has changed recently, he had been using a black 7 string singlecut made specially for him. Never seen him with an SE.

No, you're right. I was never sure if the singlecut was a modded SE or a Core guitar, though. But there's definitely pictures out there (and I saw it live, too) of a black doublecut SE 7.

I have sold it. It was a beautiful guitar, but I liked looking at it more than I liked playing it, so it didn't stick around (it was the only non-PRS I had). Great guitar.
Same boat I'm in...used to PRS build quality and sound, just curious how the Sentient/Nazgul humbuckers compared to say the Holcomb Alpha/Omega set. But, if they do bring the Tremonti SC7 core into the realm of being ordered with a 26.5" scale length...I'm IN!

Back