tremolo springs

They are removable.

The tail of the springs (that slips into the trem block) are slightly bent for a solid connection (grounding) and a secure fit. It takes a good grip with the right tool to get them out. Once you get the feel for it, they come out pretty easily.

Grab tightly, wiggle quickly, apply consistent pressure (pulling), and viola!

I know,very solid connection.Just being me,trying different string gauges and setups wish they would be easier to remove :).I have detroyed a few :).The Mannmade trem use a different type of spring.With that bridge i use 3 springs with 10s and with the Excel 4 springs as it comes from factory.Perhaps 4 original springs is the ultimate for the bridge to stay in tune and Pauls intention.

swede71 said:
I know,very solid connection.Just being me,trying different string gauges and setups wish they would be easier to remove :).I have detroyed a few :).The Mannmade trem use a different type of spring.With that bridge i use 3 springs with 10s and with the Excel 4 springs as it comes from factory.Perhaps 4 original springs is the ultimate for the bridge to stay in tune and Pauls intention.

Um...maybe if you hadn't started the thread by asserting that the springs aren't removable, when clearly you know they ARE removable, your posts would make sense.

This, combined with your statement on another thread about Fenders and Gibsons working better with a freaking POD model, and that being your tone standard, makes me wonder if you're not just trolling here to diss PRS and raise a general stink?

Well it may seem like that but im actually a big fan of the guitars and the design.Im one of these guys that like to take things apart so i understand how it works :).About the freaking POD as a tone standard i have to say the HD model is a very good thing to use at home.Especially the JTM45 model as i wrote.My amp is a Marshall 1987x with a Peavey classic speaker cabinet.

swede71 said:
About the freaking POD as a tone standard i have to say the HD model is a very good thing to use at home.Especially the JTM45 model as i wrote.My amp is a Marshall 1987x with a Peavey classic speaker cabinet.
d61912a9_cant-tell-if-serious.jpg

Talking about serious.....here´s a vid with a sound thats perfect for hearing the difference in sound ;)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vlh2xuZFwk ....hell i even think my freaking pod is better.As the unserious guy i am,i like to try out guitars with a semi-dirty sound that cleans up when i roll down the volume on the guitar.High gain compresses the sound too much and makes things sound the same.

Hahahaha.....fun to read an old post of mine.I can inform you all that i still havent found the right tool to remove the springs.I use 3 springs on my DGT now with 9-46 strings and it feels great but it was not an easy operation(2 springs destroyed plus one new added).

Last edited:
Just came upon this thread and wanted to add a tip for anyone dealing with tough-to-remove springs: I used a small flat blade screwdriver and used it to pry off the springs. I just inserted the tip (hey-o!) between each spring and the trem block then wiggled them loose and out. I used an Xcelite screwdriver I already had, but any 2.5 mm (e.g., 2.5 x .4 x .50) head screwdriver should work.

Back