Tremolo bar issue

Yzerman

Hi,

I like the bar just snug enough so it doesn't swing freely when i play and i don't like it pushed all the way down the plastic sleeve so it has more height when i use it.... i find as i play the bar pushes down deeper in the sleeve and i'm left with no room to maneuver.

Does anyone else have this issue? Any fixes besides tightening the setscrew extra tight?

Thanks

If you want the bar higher, put it in a vise (wrapped with a cloth) and bend it for a sharper angle. That way the bar can sit in the bottom and be high enough for you.

my solution was that I took a small spring from a pen cut it to the desired height push it down and put a small piece of tissue paper then insert the trem arm, I did it with 2 PRS and it works like a charm

I had the same issue with my recently purchased S2 Custom 22 - loose hanging trem bar.

I just used the PRS-supplied wrench to slightly tighten up the screw (at the end of the bridge, right side), and it worked like a charm. I've got it just where I like it now - it stays where I put it, but it's not screwed in too tightly.

IMG_4601%20copy_zpsibu0diez.jpg

IMG_4680%20copy_zpshpdbesjq.jpg

I used to have that problem with the bridge on my former CU24. I kept the collar relatively tight, but with a bit of abuse the bar would still slowly push into the block. You might try a different bar, one that's longer on the insertion end. I love the Hipshot bar, and I'm pretty sure I used one of those on my PRS.

To reinforce Pete's response, maybe get a wooden dowel and cut it to the length that positions the bar best for you, and drop it in the hole.

I just purchased one for my NF3, and it was way too low. It even hit my volume knob when I would let it go. The bar for my older CE has more of an outward angle, so I use that one. I might try to bend the new one in a similar way. It is really nice when you tightenit just right so it is in your reach when you want it, then out of the way when you ddon't.

This might be a suggestion...or it might not work at all. But it's worth talking to John Mann, who was the original maker of the trem system for PRS, and who has his own make of tremolo bars for his own trems. He might be able to have one made up with a longer insert length, thus solving your problem.

If you google John Mann, you'll find him, and of course, he's a member here, too.

I used to have that problem with the bridge on my former CU24. I kept the collar relatively tight, but with a bit of abuse the bar would still slowly push into the block. You might try a different bar, one that's longer on the insertion end. I love the Hipshot bar, and I'm pretty sure I used one of those on my PRS.

To reinforce Pete's response, maybe get a wooden dowel and cut it to the length that positions the bar best for you, and drop it in the hole.

Thanks, i like this idea!

Back