Tremolo arms

Oresti

My new DGT came with a straight tremolo arm. It didn’t feel right to me since the arm was too close to the strings. I ordered another arm from a seller on Reverb and got the more traditional arm with a crook in it. Is the straight arm a DGT thing? I can’t seem to find a pic online of a DGT (or any model) that has a straight arm. Just curious.

The pics I saw with David playing had a slight bend, but I have seen others (mostly the Goldtops) that had bars that looked nearly straight. Perhaps a few of the DGT owners here can clue us both in!

You know you can bend the arm so it's not so close to the strings?

My complaint is that the arm on my SE Santana is too long. I need to hack off a bunch from the end, put a bend into it, and move the handle.

You know you can bend the arm so it's not so close to the strings?

My complaint is that the arm on my SE Santana is too long. I need to hack off a bunch from the end, put a bend into it, and move the handle.

Pictures, or it didn’t happen!

I did. I should have added LOL to the end of my post, so you understood I got it as well.

But, I've been awake way too long already this morning and am just now getting through my first cup of coffee.... I have an excuse! LOL

Same here, oldest dog had me up at 6:20am and I’m in need of coffee!

Well, I fell asleep early last night, got awake at 2, and couldn’t get back to sleep... gonna be a long day!

Anyway, here ya go:

EuHgp0R.jpg

Full length

qcOoywP.jpg

sjzcagC.jpg

Chopped!

spQcjbF.jpg

0NVqidz.jpg

Putting a touch of bend back in

toBtLkQ.jpg

The tip cane off a lot easier than a Fender one would. Easy hand pressure.

JnP3P6z.jpg

w7DRmrH.jpg

Falls under the hand so much nicer. Plus, it makes the super wiggly trem a little less responsive and more controllable. I’m not a heavy trem user, I like a little quaver, though.

Ten minute job, tops?

Between 4-4:30 EVERY morning for our 3 dogs....:(
That used to be us, too. The alarm used to go off at 4:00 every morning when the Mrs was working. She retired at the end of April, last year. We haven't used the alarm since then. It took a couple of months for the dogs to start getting up between 4 and 4:30. Now, we're good until 6:00 every morning. Usually.....

Back