Tremolo arm doesn’t fit

Tomr63

Hi, I’m new here. I recently bought my first PRS. It’s an S2 standard 22. I love it but I’ve run into a small issue. The tremolo bar won’t go into the hole on the trem. I made sure the adjustment screw was loose but it won’t go in. I thought that maybe the wrong bar came with the guitar so I ordered a new one specifically for the S2. The new bar doesn’t fit either. I wonder if the bushing could be faulty. If anyone has any suggestions I would certainly appreciate the help.

The bushing is just a plastic sleeve. It could be bent off center in the hole. Get a magnifying glass and a bright light and inspect the inside. See if there is a blockage of some type.

back the set screw on the side of the trem out a little and see if that open up the hole.
i took the screw completely out and i have tried and se arm s2 arm and core arm. the black ring thing doesnt look damaged but this thing wont go in past the black ring at all none of them

maybe give us a photo? At this point I need more to go on. It's a pretty simple rig.

maybe give us a photo? At this point I need more to go on. It's a pretty simple rig.
ok what do you need a photo of. and yes i agree 100% its such a simple system. let me know so i send the right photo

As good as you can get of the black plastic sleeve in the hole, the set screw, and maybe the trem arm.

I'm having the same issue with the trem arm not fitting, even after removing the retention screw. Did anyone find a fix for this? I'm thinking I need a new plastic sleeve. Thanks.

Back