Tremol-no users, please help!

Dan-d-1985

Perpetual lurker
Hey folks, I've got a Tremol-no in the cu24 and for a while it behaved perfectly.

I changed the strings on it last week and have had to release the clamp and re-set it and now when using it in dive only, it seems to lose tuning. I've tried re-adjusting the claw itself but it's still catching somewhere. It's more prominent on the g / b and high e strings

For those who use them, what is your method of setting up after each string change? Any suggestions as to what i've naused up?

Cheers,

Dan.

Did you change string brand or gauge?

When I had a Tremol-no, I always just locked it down, swapped strings, unlocked, and it was good to go.

I would recommend a cleaning of your nut sluts, and maybe an application of some graphite. One of those mechanical pencils with a fine lead works great.

Along with Garret, I always locked it down when changing strings.

You could try adjusting the springs so there is more tension on the arm, and reset the stop to desired your trem position. I always ran my spring retainer flush with the inside of the cavity.

Did you change string brand or gauge?

When I had a Tremol-no, I always just locked it down, swapped strings, unlocked, and it was good to go.

No gauge change, the problem is that where the clamp goes over the brass block is partially covering the D string hole, so I have to un-clamp each time. Most times, it's been fine, but this last change I think I messed it up somehow.

I would recommend a cleaning of your nut sluts, and maybe an application of some graphite. One of those mechanical pencils with a fine lead works great.

Along with Garret, I always locked it down when changing strings.

You could try adjusting the springs so there is more tension on the arm, and reset the stop to desired your trem position. I always ran my spring retainer flush with the inside of the cavity.

Maybe it is just a case of lubing the nut. I can't say i've needed to do anything to the nut since I bought the guitar new in '09..... ^_^

No gauge change, the problem is that where the clamp goes over the brass block is partially covering the D string hole, so I have to un-clamp each time. Most times, it's been fine, but this last change I think I messed it up somehow.

It sounds like it may not be aligned correctly. You should be able to install it where the holes aren't obstructed enough to block the ball end of the string. Taking the backplate off for every string change would drive me crazy.

It sounds like it may not be aligned correctly. You should be able to install it where the holes aren't obstructed enough to block the ball end of the string.

This. The clamp should sit in between two string holes, partially obscuring both but not enough to prevent the ball end of the string from going through. Then make sure the shaft moves smoothly when the trem bar is depressed. If you feel any resistance from the Tremol-no, it's not straight, and could be contributing to your tuning problem. If you are taking the clamp off and putting it back on with every string change, then it's highly likely this is at least part of your problem.

I have a Tremol-no on my Tremonti SE Custom ... no problems.
I'd suggest NOT taking all the strings off when changing strings.
Just change them one at a time to help ensure consistant pressure on the Tremol-no.

Back