Tremol-No Knock on Dive Release

Just a precaution in case I break a string mostly, plus I plan on using it for some drop D tuning.

Ok, now I understand.

I have no experience with a tremel-no. I’m assuming the two surfaces are metal that meet together?

Just a suggestion, you could try putting a thin piece of rubber/felt on the stop, which might mute some of the noise you hear when it comes into contact. It would mean a slight adjustment, however it may reduce a lot of what is being transmitted through your amp.

Edit: OK, so I went back and looked at your initial photo. The tremel-no will be hitting the rear of the trem rout and transmitting the noise through the body, into the pickup and into your amp. It may be quite difficult to mute that noise. Apologies as I’m not really being of much help.

Last edited:
Just a suggestion, you could try putting a thin piece of rubber/felt on the stop, which might mute some of the noise you hear when it comes into contact. It would mean a slight adjustment, however it may reduce a lot of what is being transmitted through your amp.
I was thinking something like that might help...maybe even a small O ring on the shaft between the stop and the slider

Ok, another question.

It’s difficult to tell from your photos, has your tech guy decked the trem bridge?

Ok, another question.

It’s difficult to tell from your photos, has your tech guy decked the trem bridge?
Not clear what decking the trem bridge means...here’s a couple close up pics of the bridge:
EmqSjHO.jpg

BZ0VddF.jpg

Not clear what decking the trem bridge means...here’s a couple close up pics of the bridge:
EmqSjHO.jpg

BZ0VddF.jpg

A core PRS trem bridge floats above the body. It is not decked, meaning the trem is not directly in contact with the guitars top.

The six screws on PRS trem have a groove just below the screw head. The holes that the screws go through on the trem, have a knife-edge that sits in the grooves, allowing the strings tone to be flattened by pressing down in trem bar, or sharpened by pulling up on the trem bar. The upward motion is only slight, but unlike most other trems.

Your trem looks like it is slightly oriented forward (higher at the back), however it may be the angle of the photo. It should be parallel to the guitar top.

There is a video on YouTube (search PRS bridge) by John Mann, which is useful.

WARNING - Under no circumstances should the trem screws (those fixing the trem to the top of the guitar) should be adjusted whilst the strings are at tension. Doing this will result in a potential of snapping the screws.

Apologies if I’m telling you things you already know.

A core PRS trem bridge floats above the body. It is not decked, meaning the trem is not directly in contact with the guitars top.

The six screws on PRS trem have a groove just below the screw head. The holes that the screws go through on the trem, have a knife-edge that sits in the grooves, allowing the strings tone to be flattened by pressing down in trem bar, or sharpened by pulling up on the trem bar. The upward motion is only slight, but unlike most other trems.

Your trem looks like it is slightly oriented forward (higher at the back), however it may be the angle of the photo. It should be parallel to the guitar top.

There is a video on YouTube (search PRS bridge) by John Mann, which is useful.

WARNING - Under no circumstances should the trem screws (those fixing the trem to the top of the guitar) should be adjusted whilst the strings are at tension. Doing this will result in a potential of snapping the screws.

Apologies if I’m telling you things you already know.
Thanks for the info, yes I was aware about the precautions regarding the screws.
Here’s a better look, it does tilt forward ever so slightly. To level it out, would you adjust spring tension? I wouldn’t want to raise the front as I’m already at or over the 1/16” gap.
R91mRO2.jpg

NU1hvM7.jpg

The John Mann video shows how to use an Allen key to set the front height.

I believe the common advice is to screw the claw into the guitar body to level the back of the trem.

The John Mann video shows how to use an Allen key to set the front height.

I believe the common advice is to screw the claw into the guitar body to level the back of the trem.
Thanks! That video was very helpful

Back