Tremol-No install Ques?

cheers for the feedback on experience. i am thinking tremol-no is not the best option really. thinking abou a dive-only tremolo blocker alternative.
Ummm, can't that be better accomplished by simply changing the spring tension to pull the unit all the way back in its cavity?

Furthermore, it baffles me why people would get a guitar with a vibrato (which is actually what these things do) bar, and then prevent its use. If sustain and pure tone are the objective, why not buy a guitar that has a stop or tune-o-matic type fixed bridge?

Ummm, can't that be better accomplished by simply changing the spring tension to pull the unit all the way back in its cavity?

Furthermore, it baffles me why people would get a guitar with a vibrato (which is actually what these things do) bar, and then prevent its use. If sustain and pure tone are the objective, why not buy a guitar that has a stop or tune-o-matic type fixed bridge?
Trems have a certain EQ characteristic(i.e. a smiley) which is the tone you're after; but if you break a string with a floating trem, everything goes out of pitch. Pulling it all the way back can complicate intonation, because the trem wasn't designed for that. That's why I block it.

I had a tremol-no installed in the factory on my PS, it's not a good way to go if you want a dive bomb only. It slips and rattles too much, and the big clamp blocks a quick string change of the G string. That's why I can't get behind it. I've removed everything but the claw on the PS. The Trem Stopper is a better choice for dive bomb only.

Last edited:
Back