Trembucker pickup rings?

daveyisgreat

Incompetent Hack
Hi all,

I have a custom made Seymour Duncan trembucker pickup I want to stick in the bridge of my guitar (circa 2000 Singlecut) and it looks like I'll need to replace the pickup ring as well for it to fit. Does anyone know if the new pickup rings are big enough to fit a trembucker pickup? Does anyone have the inner measurements for these? (The pickup rings in question are the USA core model ones, with the countersunk mounting screws and such -- http://us.prsaccessories.com/collections/parts/products/pickup-ring-set)

Thanks!

Ok. I wasn't sure because I compared my SD pickup to the stock one and ring and it looks bigger. And then according to the SD website the dimensions are different -- for the standard size:
HB-6-String-Uncovered-Short-Magnet-Long-Leg-Bottom-Plate.gif

for the trembucker size:
TB-6-String-Uncovered-Short-Magnet-Short-Leg-Bottom-Plate.gif

I'm just not sure if I need to get the current PRS pickup rings or a set of SD trembucker rings I found on that auction site.

As someone who has swapped many, many makes and models of humbuckers into and out of many guitars over the years, I have always been able to reuse whatever pickup rings came with the guitar. I'm surprised to see there's any difference between those two, but honestly we're talking 8.5 hundredths of an inch in bobbin width and 3 thousandths difference between the mounting holes on the sides.

I found this thread in a Google search for a similar issue and I'd like to confirm that there IS a difference with Chrome covered Trembuckers and Pickup rings...I tried to fit my covered TB into a standard mounting ring and it doesnt fit....The pickup came with a MATTE Black pickup ring that fits the TB size, but I have a gloss black guitar and the Matte looks bad against the finish... I called Seymour Duncan and they told me that they ONLY carry the Matte black TB sized Pickup Ring and that I should sand down a standard size ring to make it fit...Not what I wanted to hear, but anyways, YES there is a size difference with COVERED TB pickups and rings...apparently you can fit an UNCOVERED Trembucker into a standard ring though.

I concur with Axechainsaw. If it is a covered trembucker it will not fit in a normal pickup ring. A non-covered trembucker in a normal ring however, can fit, in my experience.

Back